This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Love songs. We all hear them, everyday—in our heads, on the radio, on our Spotify playlists, even in the background of the TV shows and movies we watch. New love songs come out everyday, but here are eight that have stood the test of time. These songs are my all-time favorites, the best of the best. This list is in no particular order!

I Just Called to Say I Love You – Stevie Wonder

This is THE love song of all love songs. I know I said this list was in no particular order, but out of all the songs, this one is my favorite. Stevie Wonder’s song is about him calling his love interest for no special occasion, just to say he loves them. What’s more romantic than simply being grateful and swept away by how much you love someone? I’m calling it now, folks, this will be my wedding song.

Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers

The first time I heard this song, I was blown away. The Righteous Brothers’ version is great, but the Glee rendition is stunning as well.

To Make You Feel My Love – Adele

There have been several versions of “To Make You Feel My Love,” but in my eyes, Adele’s reigns supreme. She sings about all the things she would do for her love interest, but we also need to keep in mind that we shouldn’t sacrifice and compromise if our partners aren’t doing the same!

Kiss Me – Sixpence None the Richer

Out of all these love songs, “Kiss Me” might just be the most upbeat. While the song is featured in several movies (She’s All That, for instance), it’s also just a lovely song that perfectly represents the adoration and bliss of a crush, a new relationship or being in love. 

Can’t Help Falling In Love – Haley Reinhart

While Elvis may have popularized “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” I grew to love this song through, yes, the Extra gum commerical. I may never be able to separate the song from the commercial, but I don’t mind, since the commercial follows such a cute love story. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” accurately represents what a magnetic force love can be and how who you love is sometimes uncontrollable.

If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys is one of my favorite singers, and this song is one of her best. It’s been a while since I’ve listened closely to the lyrics, since I’m normally singing this one in the shower, but the song still remains popular to this day, and that’s saying something.

I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston

This wouldn’t be a love song list without what is arguably the most well-known love song of all time! I can’t say I actively seek Houston’s rendition out regularly, but whenever it does come on, I turn up the volume. It’s both a romantic song and a great one to belt along with as it plays!

Golden Hour – Kacey Musgraves

Kacey Musgraves’ latest album is one of my favorites of all time, and “Golden Hour” is my favorite track. It’s just so wonderfully romantic. I might have said Stevie Wonder’s track was going to be my wedding song, but “Golden Hour” is a strong runner up.

Well, now you know eight love songs to dance and sing along to (and hopefully not cry to), this Valentine’s Day!

Gennifer Eccles is an alumna at UNC Chapel Hill and the co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Chapel Hill. She studied English and Women & Gender Studies. Her dream job is to work at as an editor for a publishing house, where she can bring her two majors together to help publish diverse, authentic and angst-ridden romance novels.