6 Ways to Celebrate Galentine’s Day That Are Way Better Than a Date

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Sure everyone knows about Valentine’s Day, but the real fun happens the day before, on February 13th—also known as Galentine’s Day. For the uninitiated, instead of celebrating your current romance (or being bummed about a lack thereof), Galentine’s Day celebrates the people who will always be there for you—your gal pals!  

1. A Dinner ‘Date’

Who says you need a man in your life to get dressed up and head to a fancy restaurant? Laughing to the point of tears with your ladies over a candlelit dinner definitely beats sitting through an awkward date with some guy you just met.

2. Mani-Pedis

We’re in the middle of winter and a tough semester, meaning our nails have been lacking some love and attention. A mani-pedi day with your besties will get you some quality girl time, and not to mention, a shiny new manicure will fool people into thinking you have your life together for the next week.

3. Netflix Sesh

Is there anything better than spending an evening ugly-crying to P.S. I Love You and stuffing your face full of Toppers/Chipotle/Chinese takeout with your besties? No. The answer is no.

4. Treat Yourselves

That pair of shoes you’ve had your eye on for months now? Take a trip to Southpoint with your lady squad and treat yourselves with a little retail therapy. *Insert flying money emoji here.*

5. Two Words: Wine Night

All you need for an amazing Galentine’s Day celebration is your babes and a bottle of wine. Enough said.

6. Brunching With Your Babes

Because nothing says friendship like bonding over eggs benedict at 411 West or waffles at Ye Olde Waffle Shop.

Sure, we love our boyfriends, but at the end of the day, it’s our besties that have our backs—and they deserve some celebration too!

Caroline is the Evening/Weekend Editor and Style Editor at Her Campus, a senior public relations major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a leather jacket enthusiast.  You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @c_pirozzolo.