5 People We All Become Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

1. The care-free drunk: It’s SPRANG BREAK, yes with an ‘a’ not an ‘I’. You want to let loose from all the awful midterms and papers you’ve been writing. Seven margaritas later, you’re having the time of your life. Whether you’re breakin’ it down on the dance floor or making the swim-up bar your second home… that $400 dollar cruise is all of a sudden worth it.

2. The beach bum: (imagine Soak Up The Sun- by Sheryl Crow is playing while you read this) After snowpocalypse 2015 and lots of slipping and sliding to classes all you really want is for it to be 70 and sunny. Is that too much to ask for, Mother Nature?! As soon as the sun comes up, you hit the beach/pool and soak up every second of the sun. Because, let’s be honest, did you even go on spring break if you don’t come back with a tan?

3. The Netflix addict: You couldn’t afford to jet set to Cancun, Mexico or the Bahamas but it’s totally fine because all you really need in life is Frank Underwood and Piper. You get a week straight to binge watch all your favorite shows, movies, and documentaries. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you won’t have to leave your bed once.

4. Sleeping beauty: FINALLY, a week to do absolutely nothing. Well… besides one thing: sleep. All those late nights of studying and partying have finally caught up with you. Luckily, your bed has all the answers. You’ll sleep so much you’ll probably forget what day it is and you’ll love every minute of it. Because in college catching enough zzZZZZ’s is just never possible.

5. The stressed Sunday before classes start ‘Sally’: Oh, the dreaded Sunday. We all have that professor who makes a paper due the day you get back from break. The scent of sunscreen is still fresh on your skin and you realize that you probably should have been doing school work the whole time. Just as fast as all your stress left, it comes right back. Welcome back to reality… oops there goes gravity.

Rene Gupta

Chapel Hill

Broadcast major in the UNC School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Little, Indian, and planning to take over the world. Talents include quoting Mean Girls, binge watching The Kardashians, and eating guac with every meal.