Soccer can not only presume for being the most popular sport in the world, it can also presume of having the sexiest players.
These ten candidates do not only possess great skills with the ball, they possess incredibly athletic bodies that make them the sexiest soccer players in the world. These ten mortals, although rather resembling Greek gods, have used their bodies to promote a variety of products–from jeans to luxury cars–while pocketing huge amounts of money. It is undeniable that their images are really good pieces of eye candy.
10. Rio Ferdinand plays for Manchester United F.C. and has participated in three World Cups. Unfortunately, he’s already taken and he also has three kids. Ferdinand has participated in the production of documentaries. His strong character has instigated some Twitter battles against CNN host Piers Morgan. You can follow Ferdinand @rioferdy5.
9. Robin van Persie (@Persie_Official) is 28 years old and in just a couple of years has become the leader of Arsenal F.C. He also plays for the Dutch national team. Van Persie managed to reach the final match of the 2010 World Cup. Unfortunately for him, his team lost against the Spanish squad.
8. Iker Casillas has accumulated a series of trophies, including last year’s World Cup, even though he’s only 30 years old. Casillas is the goalkeeper for the Spanish national team and for Real Madrid C.F. Besides having a very polished gentleman look, Casillas proved to be a romantic when he surprised his girlfriend Sara Carbonero, a Spanish reporter, with a kiss in the middle of an interview after the final World Cup match. Casilla’s image has appeared in several commercials for sports brands and even for a bank.
7. The Italian quota is filled by Alessandro Matri. He’s a striker for Juventus F.C. and for the national team. He’s 27 years old and six-feet tall. He has made some commercials for WPM Denim. He’s the typical, or maybe stereotypical, Italian man with incredibly sexy dark hair and a very muscular figure.
6. Wesley Sneijder (@sneijder101010) has become a soccer sensation since his participation in Real Madrid C.F. He was bought by F.C. Internazionale Milano from Real Madrid for a reported fee of €15 million in August 2009. His physique has also made him very popular. He’s now married to one of Netherland’s most important celebrities, Yolanthe Cabau van Kasbergen. Although he’s not very tall, only 5 feet 7 inches, his hazel eyes and his sculpted body make him irresistible among the Italian and Dutch ladies.
5. This list would be incomplete without a Brazilian soccer player. Let me present you Alexandre Pato, a striker for A.C. Milan and for the Brazilian national team. He became a soccer promise at a very young age. He’s now divorced; he got married before turning 20 years old. He is now dating the daughter of former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi (who also owns the team for which Pato plays).
4. Sergio “Kun” Agüero (@aguerosergiokun) represents Argentinians in this list. He not only possesses the serious Argentinian profile, but an incredibly cute face that makes him stand out from the crowd. He’s a striker for Manchester City F.C. and for his national team. He’s mostly known by the nickname “Kun.” He won the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2005 and in 2007. Agüero‘s partner is Giannina Maradona, the daughter of the legendary soccer star Diego Maradona, and they have a son named Benjamín.
3. Lukas Podolski brings the German sexiness to the list. He plays for 1. FC Köln and for the German national team. He’s 26 years old and 5-feet 11 1⁄2-inches tall. He has participated in two World Cups, 2006 and 2010. Podolski holds both German and Polish nationality. Unfortunately, this German cutie is already married.
2. Luis Nani (@luisnani) couldn’t be left out of this list. The Portuguese, who is teammates with Rio Ferdinand at Manchester United F.C., has one of the most attractive and well-worked six packs. Although is very unusual to see him taking his jersey off during the games, it’s worth waiting for the end of a match to get a glimpse of those abs.
1. Alvaro Arbeloa (@aarbeloa17) is a Real Madrid C.F. defender and won the World Cup in South Africa last year, even though he’s only 28 years old. His physical qualities go hardly unnoticed, even teammate Iker Casillas once said that Arbeloa has a smile appropriate for a tooth paste commercial. He’s six-feet tall and is the Spanish cutie prototype. But then again, he’s already taken and has daughter.
Now you have ten more reasons to watch soccer, you’re welcome. Enjoy!
1. Alvaro Arbeloa:
Robin van Persie: