10 International Styles Any Girl Can Pull Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Every girl prides herself in having her own style that encompasses the essence of who she is. However we all sometimes wish we could pull off the super chic international looks seen at Fashion Weeks all over the world. Not to worry, I have gone through some of the top cities for fashion, according to Global Language Monitor’s top 2014 cities for fashion. After examining various city’s fashion weeks I selected the most popular street styles that you can pull of on an everyday basis.

Want to look Euro Chic?

It is no secret that European style differs from US style. European women in general dress up for everyday occasions. Tee shirts and graphics are not acceptable alone. Instead they are a piece of an ensemble usually paired with a blazer or a skirt. Heels are a must and bright colors generally get left at home.  Blacks, browns and greys are popular. European women seem to present a more sensual style, less dramatic and loud, more classic and timeless.

Italy – Milan, Florence, Rome

With brands like Prada, Fendi, Versace, and Valentino everyone knows that Italy leads in fashion. However, imitating these looks can be hard and to some extent impossible without buying the real thing. In general the some rules that apply for most European women apply to Italian women as well. Standard colors, custom-fitted dresses, and simple cuts. Think sleek, timeless and expensive when shopping for an Italian look.

UK London

For a more refined aristocratic look try UK style.  Cold weather and rainy days makes it perfect for fall and winter fashion. Button downs statement necklaces and pencil skirts are perfect. Stay warm by pairing skirts with tights, long tweed trench coats. Think classic for shoes, high knee or ankle boots, loafers or classic pumps.

Rock Asiatic Style

China – Shanghai

Moving up on the international fashion scene is Shanghai. Looking at Shanghai’s fashion week common styles are large tops and small bottoms. Business is the name of the game. Being a business capital, suits are a popular street style. The cuts are angular and have a modern industrial feel. When shopping for an international look from China, think a futuristic businesswoman. Tops are edgy, geometric and metallic, while bottoms are slender and basic. Don’t shy away from colors, but stick to solids or angular patterns.

Japan — Tokyo

If you want to connect with your fun, wild, colorful side try Tokyo’s style. Women in Tokyo have a very animated style. Dressing in bright colors, a-line or tulu skirts, with tights and platform shoes.  Don’t shy away from patterns. The funkier the better and adding dramatic accessories is a must!

Now get out there and rock some around-the-world fashion!

University of North Carolina at Chapel HillMajors:Journalism and Mass Communications (Advertising Sequence)History (Third World Countries Concentration)