Leadership Elections 2014 – The Results

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Last night [Friday 14 March] saw the Leadership Elections 2014 for CCSU, here is all you need to know:

Vice President Welfare and Education – Hanna Kate

Hannah came out on top with the highest votes on all rounds with 637 total votes.

With confetti in her hair Hanna said that the first thing she plans to do is “cry”, then “Ring dad and mum” and “Might talk to cat too”.

Hanna added “I can’t believe I got that many votes, I’m in shock! All my hard work has paid off – been doing this since September.”

Vice President Student Activities – Sophie Dudley

Sophie made he way through seven rounds, receiving 598 total votes.

Through each round the student audience applauded Sophie yet she admits she’d “Been a bag of nerves all day” and “didn’t expect to win”.

Sophie thanks “Girlfriend for putting up with me”. 

Vice President Sports – Matthew Wynn

Through each round the crowd roared loudly, cheering and chanting in true sporting style for Matthew who recieved 692 total votes.

Matthew, who is the current Mens Cricket President, states that “Mens Cricket has been amazing for me, made me who I am and gave me the confidence. I thank those lads.”

He also admitted that he’s “Wanted to do this since first year” and added “I can’t believe it, I’m over the moon.” 

President – Darcy Anderson

The current VP Student Activities, Darcy Anderson, came out on top with 796 total votes.

She admitted that she had mixed feelings about her win, she feels “Really good, but a bit upset for Sammi (Wright, current VP Welfare and Education), one of my closest friends” adding that she has “A lot of love for that girl”. 

Darcy says that her first plan of action (after getting the confetti our of her ears) is to “Have a few drinks with people that helped me out”. 

Phil Mooney, current President of CCSU was removed from the elections. Here is the official statement:

Written by Christ Church Students’ Union on March 14, 2014 in Union

Candidate for Presidency, Phil Mooney, has been withdrawn from the 2014 elections.

Votes cast for the candidate will be automatically transferred to the next valid candidate.

Phil will continue with his role as President of CCSU until the end of its tenure in June.

The Students Union has no further comment to add at this time.”

Phil Mooney has his say: 

At the end of the evening Her Campus CCCU spotted Mooney across the room in his cheerful pink linen shirt. Mooney admitted that “It’s been a bit crazy” but he “Wanted tonight to be about the candidates” adding “It’s not about me tonight, it’s about them.” 

In a final statement Mooney said: “Congratulations to all the candidates, it’s all about them tonight.”

From the Her Campus CCCU team we would like to say well done to all of the candidates for all of their great campaigns – and a huge congratulations to all of the new Leadership Team – we look forward to working with you. 

What do you think of the results? Go to our Twitter page @HerCampusCCCU and tell us YOUR opinion. 

(Image Copyright to @christchurchsu for the winners image  – to see the orginal image, go to thier Twitter – @christchurchsu) 

I'm a 20 year old self-published author who blogs a lot and drinks far too much tea! Melissa Holden's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MelissaHoldenWriter Melissa Holden's Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Holden/e/B00GSL71SE/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1416236950&sr=8-1
Shelby is a graduate in Creative and Professional Writing who is still trying to hold onto student life by living in a student house, continuing to write for Her Campus and living on cereal. Shelby is writing about the scariness of graduate life on her blog, every day: gradualrealities.wordpress.com