Five Goofy Valentine’s Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

When you think of Valentine’s Day, what sort of presents do you imagine? Chocolates, flowers and cuddly toys, perhaps?

A bit cliché, aren’t they?

At CCCU, we like to mix things up a little. And in honour of that, here are our five favourite goofy Valentine’s gifts.

1. The World’s Largest Gummy Worm

This monster sweet is two feet long and four thousand calories, and weighs over a kilogram. Just imagine the sugar rush.

The World’s Largest Gummy Worm comes in seven flavours (although the cheapest on Amazon are Cola, Blue Raspberry, Bubblegum and Orange/Lemon) and is ideal for someone with a real sweet tooth. It’s not the cheapest gift at £32 minimum including postage, but if you can afford it… well. Why wouldn’t you?

2. Kama Sutra Kookie Kutters

Is your partner a keen baker? Then why not get this set of cheeky cookie cutters by Bonkin’ Biscuits? For less than £8, you get four cutters, each in a different raunchy pose. The box even gives you decoration suggestions for maximum risqué effect!

Or if you’re the cook in your couple, why not buy these and whip a batch up for your partner? Some naughty cookies and a suggestive note could be the perfect sexy-sweet present.

3. Heart Hole Punch

Wacky gifts are fine, but sometimes, you just want to give your loved one something both romantic and a bit more practical. Enter the Heart Hole Punch, the office tool of love.

This hole punch will leave your partner’s paperwork with two little hearts punched into it instead of circles, adding a touch of romance to filing your paperwork. Plus the pieces it punches out are stored in the bottom and can be used as quick and easy heart confetti. It’s multifunctional!

4. A “Ring for Sex” Bell

You should probably tread carefully around this one unless your loved one has the right sense of humour. But if they do, why not get them a bell they can ring whenever they want to get it on with you?

These bells come in a variety of designs, from the rude and crude like this to more innocent requests for tea or coffe, but the “Ring for Sex” bell is one of the more amusing designs. For £5 or less, it makes a great silly gift for those on a budget.

5. Syphilis

Or chlamydia or herpes or gonorrhoea or HIV or –

What?

I mean the ones from Giant Microbes, of course!

This company sells cuddly version of a wide variety of body cells, viruses, bacteria and parasites, both large individual toys and sets of three minis that come in a box that looks like a petri-dish. Now you can give your loved one the gift of an STD for less than £10. It’s what I’m giving my boyfriend!

We hoped you’ve enjoyed this list of odd gifts and that whatever you choose to give your loved one this Valentine’s Day, you all have a wonderful time.

Penny Gotch is an Essex girl living in Kent, where she's studying Creative & Professional Writing. She dabbles in everything. Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, script: you name it, she does it. In her spare time, she likes music, baking, and watching wrestling. For more information, please check out her website: www.pennygotch.co.uk