Campus Cutie: Lorna Holland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

Name: Lorna HollandHome town: Kettering, NorthamptonshireWhere do you live now: Canterbury

Degree: Creative WritingYear of Graduation: 2015Single: No

FavouritesFood: HariboBand: McflyTV Show: SupernaturalFilm: Harry Potter seriesBook: Harry Potter seriesSports: I don’t like or watch sportsActor: Emma Watson

What do you hope the future holds?I hope to be in the writing industry. Personally I would love to work in journalism.

Who inspired you?I think you can tell I am a massive Harry Potter fan. J K Rowling inspired me a lot when I was growing up. As an author she inspired me to always reach for my future and to improve.

So we hear you have just release a new book, can you tell us about it?Yes! It a novel called After Us and it’s also a joint novel so it has four authors. I really enjoyed co-writing this book with Melissa Holden and Ed Hodsdon.

You also appeared on the cover! What was like to shoot?

I had never done something like that before but I really enjoyed it. The photographer (Mark Baker Gooderson) was rolling around on the ground making us laugh when we had to be serious so it was very funny. I have also appeared on a book cover as a sketch for the book Searching For Katherine By Melissa Holden.

AFTER US on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/After-Apocalypse-Anthology-Melissa-Holden-ebook/dp/B00QD6Y588/

Searching For Katherine on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Searching-Katherine-Melissa-Holden-ebook/dp/B00OIQVAIS/ref=asap_B00GSL71SE?ie=UTF8

Have you got any other projects in the works?I have a few things coming out but they are secrets. So watch this space!

How do you feel about graduating next year?My time at university has gone very quickly and it is very scary!

Do you have any advice for the first years and other students?Don’t leave all you work to the last minute but don’t forget to have fun. Take all the opportunities to can!

Thankyou so much Lorna!

Any suggestions for Campus Cutie? Then send them to us @HerCampusCCCU!

Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.