The ABC Show That’s Taking The World By Storm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

ABC’s hit show ‘Once Upon A Time’ is one of the world’s new favourite shows that is racking up new fans every week.

Straight away we meet Emma Swan, a main character with a backstory big enough to fill a series of Jeremy Kyle. It’s Emma’s 28th birthday and after an action packed date the poor girl can’t catch a break, with her long since adopted son Henry, turning up on her door step. What should have been seemingly normal day sends our heroine into a storyline that is both crazy, amazing and one that needs to be seen to be believed.

‘Once Upon A Time’ takes you on a journey to Storybrooke, Maine where the residents aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. The Town is under a curse where all the residents were once your favourite fairy tale characters, now trapped in our world thanks to the amazingly evil Regina Mills. With appearances from Belle, Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, The Mad Hatter and Rumplestiltskin, what’s not to like?

This show is completely different to any show that’s on TV right now and we can’t get enough. This show has become very popular in America and England with three action-packed seasons – and it has just been commissioned for a fourth. A great show to watch with friends, partners and the family we think this one is a winner. So it’s not surprising that the shows Facebook page has just reached 4 million likes.

Another thing this show has going for it, is the amazing cast. With House alumni, Jennifer Morrison heading the cast as Emma. Her co-stars include: Robert Carlyle, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, and Colin Donoghue. Also look out for ‘Lost’ favourites Emilie de Ravin and Jorge Garcia as some classic, childhood, fairy tale characters. Our favourite, however, has to be Lana Parrilla as the wickedly, evil Regina Mills who you can’t help love despite all her wrong doings.

We highly recommended you give this show a watch and allow yourself to be sucked into a world of magic, love and alternate Fairy tales.

What to look out for: Everything! Nothing is as it seems. Plus the shows Alice in Wonderland based spinoff ‘Once Upon A Time In Wonderland’ is coming to the UK later this year.

Like the show and want to tell us your opinion? Tweet @HerCampusCCCU

Ashleigh is 21 and is currently in her second year at Canterbury Christ Church University.