Warren Hawkins III, Freshman Class President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Name: Minister Warren Hawkins III

Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri

Major: Social Work, minoring in Philosophy/Religion 

Classification: Freshman 

Instagram & Twitter: @tattheanswer & @tattheanswerr

Her Campus: What are your hobbies?

Warren Hawkins III: Ministering and preaching the word of God, spoken word, writing poetry, designing spiritual clothing, and basketball. 

HC: Who or what inspires you the most?

WHIII: Jesus Christ

HC: What is your favorite color?

WHIII: It is blue, specifically royal blue.

HC: What are your short term goals?

WHIII: To continue to express my love for God, so others can notice that He is the answer to all of the blessings in my life.In addition, I plan to serve my duties as the Freshman Class President for the 2015-2016 school year and to maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average.

HC: If life went according to your plan, what would be the order of your long-term goals?

WHIII: To graduate college, receive a doctoral degree in social work, pastor my own church, start christian organizations, and have a clothing line.

HC:Name one person who you admire. They can be a celebrity or a non-public figure.

WHIII: One person I admire, is my mother Katrina Hawkins. She told me something that will stick with me for the rest of my life. She said, “Warren, it does not matter how many people are in the room to hear what you have to say, as long as you influence one life, then you have served God’s purpose.”

HC: Name one quote that consistenly reminds you to move forward.

WHIII: “Any man who praises himself shall be humbled, and any man who humbles himself shall be praised.”

HC: What is something that many people do not know about you?

WHIII:That Lauren Hill is my favorite musician and “I Gotta Find Peace of Mind” is my favorite song!

HC: How would your family/ friends describe you?

WHIII: “Obsessed!” LOL, because I’m obsessed with letting people know that “God the Answer.” This is my favorite breath prayer that I love to express whether to myself, or publicly in front of other people.I also wear this phrase on my clothing.

HC: At such a young age, what was the process of becoming a licensed minister? 

WHIII: For me, becoming a licensed minister was not a tradition, it was purpose. No one before me in my family ever became a minister, so I’m not following in anyone’s footsteps.

I listened to God’s plan for me, instead of the plan I had envisioned for myself. In the past, I felt like God was of no use in my life,because it was going well without me honoring him as the head of my life. I prioritized everything else before God, and put him last. After experiencing valuable lessons and triable temptations, better known as my testimony, I realized that I needed to give my life to the Lord and put him first in my life. Once I said yes to the Lord, he showed me my true purpose in life.

HC:When did your interest in Ministry begin?

WHIII: My interest in Ministry began when I was 18 years old, which was the same year I became a licensed minister. When I became a minister, it proved to others that at any age, God can use you as a tool.

I conducted my first service, while as a senior in high school. My service involved preaching to groups of students, staff, and facility at my school on how to continuously grow their relationship with God, overcoming temptation, and incorporating athletics with faith.Throughout the school year, I spent time truly understnading the Bible slowly with an eager mind and hungry spirit.

One day that I will never forget is August 9th, 2015. On that day, I officially preached my first sermon to the church I fellowship at, Fresh Start Bible Church in my hometown, and became a licensed minister.

HC: Why did you decide to attend Clark Atlanta University?

WHIII: I chose CAU to surround myself with other African Americans, who aspire to make a great contribution to this world and that thrive spiritually, academically, and socially.

HC:What advice would you give someone who’s losing their faith, due to adversity in their life?

WHIII: “If you are going through tribulation, “A storm in your life” some may say. Those times you feel like hardships, stress, pain, guilt, or setbacks are ruining your life, this is confirmation that God has a CALLING ON YOUR LIFE.God wants your attention, stop looking down in grief, stop looking right and left to the people around you and look up to the most high. God wants to use YOU as a vessel for the kingdom of Heaven. God wants to use YOU to go impact and influence lives to live for him. 

HC: Although you recently began school, what clubs and/or organizations are you involved in on campus?

WHIII: Student Government Association, Isabella T. Jenkins Honors Program,Freshman Class President, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Hello! My name is Kyra Beasley. I am from Corpus Christi, Texas; raised in Houston, Texas. I am also a Clark Atlanta University Business student with a concentration in marketing and a minor in fashion merchandising. Hoping to make connections with all women. Recently, I have joined the "HerCampusCau" Chapter editorial team, which I'm so excited to be apart of. With that being said, I will now be able cover events, address controversy issues on campus, and give out great feedback and or advice.