alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

These Tips Can Get You Ready for The New Semester Inside & Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

With Christmas break dwindling to an end and the new semester quickly approaching, some of us are not too happy about it. Maybe last semester’s work ethic and grades have been on your mind lately and how you could’ve tried a lot harder. Perhaps those thoughts have been eating you up. Well with 2020 being the new year we can’t let bad thoughts like those clog our minds and our environment. Of course, we aren’t going to re-vamp our entire self and mindset a couple of days before going back to campus, but we can improve it before we get there and once, we arrive. These tips will help you on a path to be a better you while also not denting your pocket too much.

1. Changing Your Hair- Changing your hair whether it is the color, cut or style can bring up your spirits. Giving yourself the confidence that you want to exude is amazing especially once you understand to control it. Wigs can be a cheap and easy way out rather than spending hundreds at a salon and not getting the satisfactory feeling if it comes out a little “wonky.” You can get a short or long wig in various colors and change it up every two weeks. Hair wax is an alternative to hair dye and last for weeks so that you can try out those wild colors with damaging your beautiful hair in the long run.
  2. Re-Organizing Your Dorm- A nice clean dorm room is always a great feeling. Deep cleaning your room can help you get rid of things you do not need like old papers, clothes, or shoes that you ended up not wearing. Of course, if you do not want to throw away the clothes or shoes you can always pack them up in your suitcase/duffle bag until it is time to go home. Cleaning and wiping things down can give you that fresh feeling that you may be craving. If your residence hall allows it (or you don’t care what they say) rearranging your furniture and changing your sheets can boost your new semester spirits.
  3. Vision Boards- With 2020 being the year of clear vision what better way would you bring in the semester by creating a vision board. You could create one for various aspects in your life or just a big one with all your goals and values for the year. Vision boards are a way to remember your goals every day when you wake up since it will be right there in your face. Plus, vision boards double as cute décor on your walls.
  4.  New Clothes- New clothes and accessories can make anyone happy. Being a broke college student doesn’t allow for them in your budget so what easier way to achieve a new wardrobe than thrifting.  A local goodwill or store similar can make for a fun day of finding great finds for your wardrobe. You can find big t-shirts and make them t-shirts dress or crop tops. With thrifting, it creates a space for you to get new clothes but also spices them up for your own liking.

Hopefully, these tips gave you hope for the new semester. It can get difficult and frustrating but with a little room for cleansing and preparing it can quickly be turned around and give you a clear mindset!

Chassee'Palmer is a Senior Mass Media arts with a concentration in Journalism attending Clark Atlanta University.She was born and raised in Charleston,South Carolina so she has a strong love for seafood and beaches. She loves skin care products and whenever she gets bored she tends to online shop (ALOT). You can follow her on instagram @chas.see to view her various shopping hauls.