This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

History has already been written but, when formed into production it can be changed. That’s what my favorite director Quentin Tarantino did! Over the summer Tarantino made his ninth movie. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Emile Hirsch, Margaret Qualley, Timothy Olyphant, Austin Butler, Dakota Fanning, Bruce Dern, and Al Pacino. They and others comprise a large all-star cast who star in “multiple storylines in a modern fairy tale tribute to the final moments of Hollywood‘s golden age”. The film is set in 1969 Los Angeles, where an aging television actor, his stunt double, and longtime friend navigate the changing Hollywood film industry.

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (2019) reminds me of Tarantino’s sixth film, Inglorious Bastards (2009) as they both work with the world’s histroy along side a multitude of plot twists.

Inglorious Bastards, the film tells an alternate history story of two plots to assassinate Nazi Germany‘s leadership, one planned by Shosanna Dreyfus (Laurent), a young French Jewish cinema proprietor and the other by a team of Jewish American soldiers led by First Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Pitt). Christoph Waltz co-stars as Hans Landa, an SS colonel tracking down Raine’s group and who is connected to Shosanna’s past. The film’s title was inspired by Italian director Enzo G. Castellari‘s macaroni combat film The Inglorious Bastards (1978).

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’s events and period is true but the main characters of the story portrayed by DiCaprio and Pitt were fictional. This Tarantino story is focused around the Charles Manson family murders. But just like Inglorious Bastards, there is an alternate ending. In the sixth Tarantino film, the movie ends with Hitler being burned alive along with other Nazi’s in France. We all know that’s not how Hitler died. Just like in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, there was an alternate ending with history. 

Just like any other Tarantino film, it takes time to get into them. You have to be patient! It’s worth it! When watching a Tarantino movie, know that detail matters. Tarantino never ceases to amaze the world with his unique take on direction. This movie is as all his others are 100% worth the hype!

Hey! I am Terri Blige a Senior English Major with a Concentration of Creative Writing at Thee Clark Atlanta University. I am from Connecticut. I am proud to say that I am a writer for HerCampusCAU