This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Now more than ever women of all ages are wearing makeup on a daily bases. The world of makeup is expanding and quickly. From pageants, to performances, to dinners, to everyday use, makeup has become a necessity to most women. But why does it seem as though makeup has been gaining so much more popularity? There is something about these products that bring out a joy in young women not only when they apply it to themselves but also when they apply it to others or make money because of it. Makeup has the ability to enhance beauty and enhance wallets due to its recent revolution.

What is it about Makeup?

Often times people believe that women wear make up to impress other people or to receive approval from people around them. Makeup has been used to attract love interests or to look extraordinarily beautiful for other people. However, after receiving commentary from a few young ladies, they all had a common outlook on makeup. Now a day’s many young women wear makeup to highlight or enhance their physical features. It is no longer for the approval of other people or the opposite sex but instead for the internal satisfaction of the young women who utilize it.

One young lady said that makeup is a form of self-pampering and that it makes her feel pretty and put together. This can be very understandable and accurate. Another young lady had a similar response which stated that makeup allows her to reach her peek of beauty. It is a wonderful thing that many women are beginning to invest in for themselves and not for the validation of others. Even though this has become true, unfortunately, it is known that outsiders still tend to treat one kinder when their beauty is enhanced by makeup. Hopefully the external reaction from others will shift just as the use of makeup did.

Recently, it has been presented that makeup or the act of applying markup is not only an enhancer but it can also be categorized as an art form similar to painting. Many painters have crossed over to makeup unaware that their talents would transfer too. The application of makeup can be soothing for the artist as well as an outlet or form of expression.

The Revolutionary Reason

Make up has become a huge business market. Established makeup companies are thriving, young women are becoming independent makeup artists, and others have become widely viewed on YouTube for creating popular makeup tutorial videos. The money continues to grow surrounding almost anything that is related to makeup because it is in such high demand. The more young women invest, the more variety these popular and active companies provide for consumers. Also, many celebrities have their own makeup lines ranging from lip stick to eye shadow to blush. The more celebrities provide their products, the more consumers will by. Therefore, it is a multifaceted cycle that doesn’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. This excelling business is here to stay.

The remarkable revolution of makeup is the product of a shift in reasons for use, its artistic identity, and ability to produce loads of money. Makeup is a very powerful and appreciated product utilized by people across the world. Its businesses are booming and young women are in love with its ability to create an internal joy. However, last but not least, while makeup grows in usage lets never forget that a “done up” face is appreciated but a natural face has no comparison for it is always beautiful!

Doing God's work one day at a time.
Kayla Antoinette Walker has always been an ambitious and motivated young woman and has always set high standards for herself. She is an aspiring event/wedding coordinator majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. She chose to attend Clark Atlanta after graduating Valedictorian of her high school class at Carver High School in Columbus, GA. As a senior, Kayla has a passion for mentoring and wants to bring a sense of pride and empowerment to the women of Clark Atlanta to encourage them to "be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire". Kayla says to always be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class. Go forth and be great!