This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Coconut oil isn’t just an oil, it’s a life saver! It has about 1 million different uses because it’s so magical, but I decided to bless you with just a few. Here are the top eight uses for coconut oil!

1. Exfoliator- Mixing coconut oil with sugar makes for an amazing exfoliator. Not only does it smell amazing, but also your skin will be as soft as a baby’s bottom!
  2. Makeup Remover- The oil wipes makeup off with no hassle, even mascara and eyeliner!
  3. Moisturizer- Say goodbye to lotion and hello to coconut oil! Apply it all over your body right after showering, and you’ll be guaranteed 24 hr. moisture!
  4. Oil Pulling- Swishing coconut oil around your mouth for 10 minutes pulls all of the bad stuff out of your teeth and promotes a whiter and brighter smile!
  5. Lip balm- Misplaced your chap stick? No problem! Apply a very small amount on your lips and they shall be POPPIN’!
  6. Highlighter- Who needs to spend all that money on highlighters when you’ve got coconut oil?! Apply a small amount on your cheekbones, and wherever else you apply your highlight, and that glow will make the sun jealous!
  7. Shaving Cream- Shaving with coconut oil leaves your legs looking very hydrated, but not too greasy!
  8. Deep Conditioner- Coconut oil prevents protein loss and penetrates the hair. Apply about a quarter size amount all through your hair, comb it through, and then place your hair in a bun or a couple twists so you can sleep comfortably. Make sure to cover your pillow with a towel so you won’t stain your pillowcase! Shampoo the next morning and your hair will be super soft! 
Hello! My name is Sydney Coffee and I am from Tampa, FL. Currently, I am a senior, Mass Media Arts Major at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University. When I graduate, I would like to further my education at the University of Southern California. I would one day like to become an anchor for E! News, and also have my own cosmetics line .