Black Girl Beauty Landing Hero Image
Black Girl Beauty Landing Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media

How to Put Yourself Out There This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

School time has finally begun, and it has people wondering where they fit in. For some, they are wondering if they even want to fit in. Regardless of what, here are some tips for you to get active If you choose to do so. Entering a new space and meeting new people can be scary, but this does not have to stop you from trying. So here are some tips to help you put yourself out there this semester. 

Speak!

Wherever you are, there is always going to be someone to talk to. Sometimes it can be alarming for someone to randomly introduce themselves, but it works. There is always someone to be met, and an introduction to be had. Try asking for someone’s name, age, and classification. Then, introduce yourself in the same manner. After doing this so many times, you will be acquainted with so many people by the end of the semester. 

Try Something New!

Putting yourself out there doesn’t always mean huge gestures, but it can mean stepping out of your comfort zone. Putting yourself out there can also mean staying within your comfort zone while trying something new. Entering talent shows, joining a sports team, starting an organization, and even introducing yourself to new people is a great way to put yourself out there. Whether you are a more outgoing person or one that’s shy, find a way to make your mark in your own way. 

Go to Events! 

Some universities are more active than others regarding activities during the pandemic. However, try to go to school events (with a mask of course), and enjoy yourself. There are going to be so many events over the course of your collegiate years that allow for networking, fun, and something to do! It is also important to note that not all events will appeal to you, but find what events work best for you. Other important notes are that it is important to balance your social life with class, be safe, and enjoy yourself. 

Make YOUR Mark! 

Sometimes college can be intimidating and hard to navigate. Making sure that you stay true to yourself is a very important thing. Some people enjoy taking part in a social structure that is already in place, some like to create their own space, and some enjoy doing both. Most importantly, stay true to yourself and do what works best for you. The college experience is what you are willing to make it. Being unique is a perk that we all share and that is what enriches the relationships that we cultivate. No person that is exactly like you, and that is a beautiful thing. So, remember to be true to exactly who you are, and never dim your light. Make your mark at your university, your way! 

India Rice, 19, is a Mass Media major at the Illustrious Clark Atlanta University.