This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

No, but seriously, if there’s some type of loophole that would land you guys back into the White House, we need to find it. MY President will always be black and my Lambo will always be blue. America changed drastically under the Obama administration and honestly, we need to get back to that. The extremely unfortunate circumstance that America has gotten itself in has made me think about how good we had it before and we took the Obama administration for granted. Here are a few responses I received from HCCAU when I posed the question, “Why do you miss the Obamas’ in the White House?”

1. Because they are black and genuinely in love.

2. Displayed the perfect ideal “educated black couple,” and were role models the country looked up to.

3. They were empathetic.

4. He understood how it felt to be black, and provided representation for minorities (especially those who came from a rough background).

5. I miss that feeling of hope.

6. They had common sense, unlike a certain someone we know.

7. Babies don’t cry when Barack touches them.

8. They don’t look like a dusty Dorito.

9. They can see without squinting.

10. Their children actually like them.

11. The Bama/Biden friendship was #GOALZ.

12. They looked good. Dressed to the nines and all.

13. They were classy and defied all the stereotypes of black people being incompetent, uneducated, loud, ratchet, etc.

14. They are beautiful. Period.

15. Michelle fine like wine.

16. Barack O’Daddy.

17. Do you see this suit??

18. Do you see these gowns??

19. THE DOGS.

20. They knew what to and not say.

21. The only FLOTUS we acknowledge is Michelle, anything else is just unacceptable. Issa no from me, Dawg.

Hi! I'm Taelor Dorsey, a senior Early Childhood Education major with a minor in art from Cleveland, Ohio.