This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Not going home for the Thanksgiving holiday? Well, no need to fret because you’re not the first, and certainly won’t be the last, college student to be stuck at school for the holidays. Even though you won’t be home, who says you can’t still have a traditional Thanksgiving meal?  Below are a few places not too far from campus that are offering a traditional Thanksgiving meal:

• Busy Bee’s
  • Gladys Knight’s Chicken & Waffles
  • Thumbs Up
  • 10 & Piedmont
  • Scales 925
  • G’s Midtown
  • Rosebud
  • South City Kitchen
  • Sway

Now, if the struggle is real, money is tight and eating out is out of the question, you can do one of three things: 

(1) Ask around campus to see if anyone who stays off campus is having Thanksgiving dinner. 

(2) Organize your own Thanksgiving dinner: gather up some friends that are staying at school, put your money together ($5-$10 each can go a long way) and cook your own meal. 

(3) Pop in a delicious cup of roasted chicken flavored noodles, pour yourself a nice cup of your favorite beverage, turn on your favorite movie or television station, and relax because it’s only for the weekend. :)

Have a great, relaxing holiday weekend, collegiettes! We hope that it’s filled with warmth, good times and lots of love!

Greetings! My name is Jelyn A. Andrews, but some people know me as my radio name “Jelyn Rocque (Rock).” I am from the BEST CITY IN THE WORLD, Chicago, IL! I was born on January 16, so that makes me a Capricorn. I am a junior Mass Media Arts major with a concentration in Radio/TV/Film.My career goal is to become a television host, then eventually own a television network...Yes, just like Oprah! :) In addition to being a “natural born hustler”, I am a very independent, opinionated and expressive person; I think it’s safe to say that I am also a socialite and that I am the stereotypical Capricorn (if you believe in that stuff). I live by two quotes: my tattoo, “Per aspera ad astra” which is Latin for “Through hardships to the stars” and “Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” During my spare time I enjoy working out, shopping, writing poetry, reading, and, most of all, going on “adventures” (i.e. trying out new restaurants, visiting museums, going to art shows, and attending concerts). I hope you enjoy reading my articles! -Jelyn