katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
katie harp dRCjgmc4B8I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Building Good Credit in College

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Credit is the ability of a customer to obtain goods or services before payment, based on the trust that payment will be made in the future. As we all know, building your credit is a must, but some are mistaken on the correct age to begin building credit or even paying attention to the score. Starting to build your credit in college is essential if and when one would like to have a good credit standing when leaving their first 4 years of college. Many people become worried about having a credit card in college, fearing that they will misuse it and end up owing a large amount of money that they cannot afford to pay back. This can be common to those who are not aware of spending their money wisely.

Credit cards do not have to be used only in major purchases, but small purchases as well. Having a credit card that you only use when getting gas or making small purchases is very effective because the credit card owner only needs to pay back the amount spent which would be a small amount or however much the person usually spends on gas. Victoria’s Secret also has credit cards that are great for college students because this is a common store among young adults and students can choose to make purchases on small amount items such as lip-gloss and fragrances.

1. Get a Credit Card
  2. Spend Wisely
  3. Make Payments on time
  4. Be smart about the card you choose (Read all information before hand)
My name is Imani Nash, I am a Sophomore Criminal Justice Major from New Castle, Delaware. I am a first year HerCampus Writer, and after college I plan on attending Law School to later become a Family Law Attorney.