This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Being a part of Her Campus has been a rewarding experience thus far, as it has provided me with a sense of sisterhood and a positive outlet to share my experiences as a young black woman. Navigating through life, I seek to embrace my needs and desires, ensuring a fulfilling and purposeful existence.

My name is Aa’Sokiyah Weaver, a proud native of Memphis, Tennessee and I’ve embarked on a transformative journey after high school, where I found myself drawn to the vibrant city of Atlanta, Georgia. Enrolling at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University, I set my sights on pursuing a degree in psychology with a concentration in clinical studies. However, my talents extend beyond my academic pursuits; I am also a passionate poet, using my creative ideas to reflect and build upon the world around me.

Choosing Clark Atlanta University was a natural step for me, as I am from a city with a strong representation of black pride. Being able to carry my blackness with me, surrounded by a diverse community of like-minded individuals, has been both exciting and empowering. While attending a historically black college/university has its pros and cons, I believe that it’s all about how you make the most of it.

As a current junior, I have faced numerous challenges along the way, but I have never allowed them to dictate the outcome of my journey. With resilience and a smile, I confront my obstacles head-on, refusing to let them define me. Clark Atlanta University has provided me with a platform to vocalize my passions and truths, allowing me to share my creations with my peers and friends and contribute to a legacy of devotion through the power of words.

My decision to pursue a degree in psychology with a concentration in clinical speaks to my desire to understand the human mind and help others. I recognize the importance of mental health and hope to make a positive impact in the lives of those I encounter. Through my studies, I dive into the complexities of the human psyche, gaining knowledge and skills that will enable me to provide support and guidance to those in need.

In addition to my academic pursuits, I find solace and inspiration in poetry. I use my creative talents to express my thoughts, emotions, and experiences, allowing me to connect with others on a deeper level. Through my words, I aim to shed light on the unique perspectives and struggles faced by young black women, offering a voice to those who may feel unheard or misunderstood.

As I reflect on my journey thus far, I acknowledge the challenges I have encountered but remain steadfast in my determination to overcome them. I understand that life is not always smooth sailing, but it is through adversity that true growth and resilience are cultivated. With each obstacle I face, I will emerge stronger and more determined than before.

Clark Atlanta University has provided me with a supportive and nurturing environment, allowing me to thrive academically, creatively, and personally. The institution’s rich history and commitment to empowering black students have played a significant role in shaping my experiences and perspectives. I am grateful for the opportunities I have been afforded and I am eager to continue making a difference in my community and beyond.

In conclusion, my journey from Memphis, Tennessee, to Clark Atlanta University has been one of self-discovery, growth, and empowerment. With my studies in psychology and my passion for poetry, I seek to understand the human mind and share my unique perspective as a young black woman. With resilience and determination, I face challenges head-on, refusing to let them define me. Clark Atlanta University has provided me with a platform to express myself and make a lasting impact. As I continue on my journey, I remain committed to embracing my passions and creating a legacy of devotion through my words.

Related:
Hello everyone, my name is Aa'Sokiyah Weaver, a young woman from Memphis, Tennessee, I embarked on a transformative journey after high school. Drawn to the vibrant city of Atlanta, Georgia, I enrolled at the prestigious Clark Atlanta University, driven by my passion for psychology and a desire to make a difference in people's lives. With a concentration in clinical psychology, I aspire to become a compassionate and insightful therapist, offering support and guidance to those in need. My talents don’t stop there. I am also a gifted poet, using my words to share my unique perspective and creative ideas with the world. Through my poetry, I aim to reflect and build upon the experiences of being a young black woman, providing a positive outlet for self-expression and fostering a sense of sisterhood. Being a part of the Her Campus community has been a rewarding experience for me. It has allowed me to connect with like-minded individuals and share my authentic voice. As I navigate through life, I strive to embrace my needs and desires, ensuring a fulfilling and purposeful existence. With my unwavering determination, creativity, and commitment to making a difference, I am determined to leave an indelible mark on the world. My journey is a testament to the power of self-discovery, resilience, and the pursuit of one's passions.