This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

1. Ball on a budget. Try not to settle for the first hotel and flight that pop up. But remember you get what you pay for. Take your time comparing prices and figuring out what is suitable for your funds. Establish a budget to abide by even if you have to rearrange dates to get a cheaper vacation. Just do it! You’ll still be able to live the lavish life and leave with $$ in your pockets!

2. Road trip instead of flying. For those last minute planners or individuals low on funds a road trip may be the best option. Long hours in the car doesn’t sound fun but you can make it fun. If your destination is a few hours away, just hop in the whip with a bunch of friends. Be sure to have the tunes and snacks ready! Splitting gas prices instead of paying $300 on airfare will give ample spending money. Just make sure to alternate drivers, take your time, and head to the warm weather!

3. Be a tourist. Yes it is spring break and the main goal is to party but it is a vacation. For many it may be their first time visiting the destination, so plan more than just partying. Go to the city’s biggest attractions during the day, and party hard at night!

4. Go grocery shopping. Everyone loves to eat out, especially when visiting new places. No matter the location eating out adds up. Try to stop by a nearby grocery store and pick up a few items to cut back on spending.

5. Stay hydrated. The top spring break locations are in the south with the warm weather and beaches. It is essential to have bottles of water with you at all times. We don’t want a heat stroke to ruin anyone’s Spring Break.

6. Use the buddy system. You’ve probably been hearing this all your life but the buddy system works well! Make sure the crew stays together at all times. No one needs to be getting kidnapped. Don’t leave anywhere with a stranger, it’s best to bring a friend with you and let people know where you are going.

7. Be aware of surroundings. Know the name and address of the hotel you are staying at just in case anything happens. Be sure to not give out personal information to anyone you meet, regardless how nice they may seem. Maybe even carry a small protection tool, like pepper spray, just in case someone tries you!

8. Don’t leave drinks unattended!!! This is self explanatory.

9. Fashion Statement. The ultimate goal is to be poppin! Check the weather before arriving so you are appropriately dressed. Have multiple options, day and night outfits. But DON’T OVER DO IT!! It’s going to be hot and most of your activities will be outside. So keep it cute and comfy! 

Kayla Antoinette Walker has always been an ambitious and motivated young woman and has always set high standards for herself. She is an aspiring event/wedding coordinator majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, GA. She chose to attend Clark Atlanta after graduating Valedictorian of her high school class at Carver High School in Columbus, GA. As a senior, Kayla has a passion for mentoring and wants to bring a sense of pride and empowerment to the women of Clark Atlanta to encourage them to "be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire". Kayla says to always be a girl with a mind, a woman with attitude, and a lady with class. Go forth and be great!