This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

There are two factors that contribute for the non-engagement of celebrities in social issues in Brazil. The first of these is discrimination, which prevent, for example, black people from not reaching visibility in the media. The second one is that, because of the media, the rising became so simple that is not mandatory to have a story beyond the superficial. 

However, Iza is an example of an artist who overcome this adversities and became known for her talent and actions. Thinking about it, those are some reasons why you should get to know her!

#1 She is an inspiration: The girl who suffered bullying at school for being black and is an inspiration for girls who are in the same situation nowadays.

#2 YouTube channel and covers: After concluding college, she created a YouTube channel in order to show the word her talent and her music – and achieved a huge sucess with her Flawless cover.

#3 She is approachable: On social networks, Iza has built a bridge between her and her fans, which look up to her beyond the music side.

#4 Her inspirations: Inspired by Lauryn Hill, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Beyoncé, Tinashe and Stevie Wonder, Iza has created her own sound. 

#5 She has her own TV program: She is currently a TV hostess at Multishow, presenting the TV program Música Boa Ao Vivo.

#6 Fashion icon: Her looks are amazing! If you are interested in fashion and beauty, you can not miss her Instagram updates. 

#7 Girl power: Iza respect diversity, is politically engaged and shows women the female power. 

If all that is still not enough for you, take a look at this video: 

Clara Serranoni

Casper Libero '21

Clara is a 20 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She is an avid traveler and obsessed with TV shows and music.
Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows.