Ahsoka: What we think about the Star Wars show so far

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

In the past few years, the universe of Star Wars has been expanding more than ever before. Series like The Mandalorian (2019), Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022), Andor (2022), The Book of Boba Fett (2021) and now Ahsoka have proved that there’s always more to see when it comes to this franchise.

Ahsoka, the new miniseries created and written by Dave Filoni for Disney+, is already a fan favorite. It takes place in the same timeframe as The Mandalorian, in which the character Ahsoka Tano had her live-action debut interpreted by Rosario Dawson

Because it takes place after the fall of the empire, the show has to deal with an emerging threat of its return. The show is giving the fans an opportunity to see what happened to the galaxy after the death of emperor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) in Return of the Jedi (1983), alongside the development of Ahsoka Tano, who is such an adored character within the fanbase. 

REBELS AND THE CLONE WARS

Zeb Orrelios( Steve Blum) made a special appearance in the finale of The Mandalorian, but he wasn’t the only one to come back. Hera Syndulla (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) and Sabine Wren (Natasha Liu Bordizzo) appeared on the first episode of Ahsoka, leaving almost all spectators obsessed with the show. Chopper (Dave Filoni) also showed up with Jacen (Evan Whitten), the son of Hera Syndulla and Kanan Jarrus, which melted the hearts of those who love Rebels, the animated science fiction series produced by Lucasfilm released in 2014.

Later, in the sixth episode, Thrawn (Lars Mikkelsen) and Ezra Bridger (Eman Esfandi) finally returned to Star Wars after years of having disappeared. The reappearance of these two famous characters was probably what was most expected from the show, or even any related media in general. Even though many fans don’t like the idea of turning “everything” into live-action, Ahsoka can definitely be considered a tribute to those who enjoy the animations of the franchise, such as The Clone Wars and Rebels, since so many characters are taking part in the show. 

After his latest appearance as Obi-Wan’s apprentice in Kenobi, released in May of last year, Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) also showed up in Ahsoka to help his former padawan make up her mind. The relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka, or “Skyguy and Snips” as they named it, has always been a sensitive matter for the fanbase. He appeared on episodes 4 and 5, which also showed touching flashbacks of the Clone Wars, when they were still master and apprentice. 

WHAT ‘S NEXT?

There are still two episodes left until the ending of Ahsoka, and the steaks couldn’t be higher. The fans believe Ahsoka will engage in a huge fight with Thrawn to prevent him reclaiming the power he once had. There’s also hope Ezra Bridger will finally come back home to the Ghost crew. The next episode and the finale will be aired in the upcoming weeks on Disney+, and you must definitely expect highly of them. 

————————————————————————

The article above was edited by Fernanda Miki Tsukase.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

Mariana da Costa

Casper Libero '25

Journalism student at Cásper Líbero. Passionate about writing, slightly obsessed with the color green and a huge Star Wars fan.