Style > Beauty

Tips on Fashion and Beauty According to Marilyn Monroe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Born and raised in LA, Marilyn Monroe was one of the most influents sex symbols of the 1950s. It can be considered ironic that the woman who said her favourite thing to wear to bed was only two droplets of Channel N5 became a fashion icon. Marilyn always prioritized femininity and sensuality. She was never afraid of being edgier than usual and her looks shows that. The blonde Californian girl proved that it is indeed possible to create great outfits for her curvy figure, running away from the obsession with slimness in the modelling world.

Over the last 51 years, Marilyn hit a status that going beyond a fashion icon. Tens of books were written about her love and professional life. Forever famous for the scene in The Seven Year Itch where she holds her white dress over a subway ventilation in New York City, our diva left behind many useful styling tips. We put together her top six tips for you guys!

1. Counteract the boyish look created with an oversized jeans, tenis and a polo t-shit with flawless hair and makeup.

1. Embrace your curves. Choose outfit that shows the best you have in you.

1. Red lips are red lips. Red is definitely Marilyn’s colour, and why not start by your mouth?

1. Balance the ultra sexy tight dress + high heels with a long coat.

1. Jeans on Jeans on Jeans! Don’t be afraid of betting on this combo, it’s a win-win!

1. Smile is the best makeup a girl could wear

Camila Villegas

Casper Libero

Born and raised in a small city in the countryside of São Paulo (Brazil) named Salto, Camila Villegas is now studying in the most traditional Journalism School, Cásper Líbero University, not only from Brazil but the entire Latin America. At the age of 18, with a promising passion for travelling, fashion, health and sustentability, Camila is urging to see the world and all that it's got. Lover of the life, vegan for the earth, our health and the animals, she wants to give voice for those who are unable to speak for themselves. With a critical and inovative look on daily and not-so-daily facts, she'll bring to you what you don't see on local media.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.