Thoughts On Female Porn: Is It Any Good For Women?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

2,500 years ago, the population of Athens organized contests with naked women, seeking the “buttocks of Venus”, a body part of great appreciation by the judges. The city was an erotic scene: statues of bodies in the streets, erection of phallic pieces in processions, and sexual representations in vases.

Despite these aspects apparently describing a place without shame and sexual free will, the situation was not quite like that. Women did not enjoy full pleasure. They acted in the social context as mere objects of male satisfaction, hypersexualized on constant occasions, and seen only as a pair of breasts and a vagina for penetration. Furthermore, female sexual desires were not seen as a priority. Women should satisfy the male population and leave their pent-up libido.

“Art-core porn” is the result of an arduous female struggle to break away from this materialized position that has lasted for years in history, which was embedded in the past of countless civilizations (besides the Greek), imposed by a gender-oppressive society.

I imagine that at this point you must be wondering: what is “art-core porn”? Well, it’s feminist porn, a set of productions whose focus is perspectives that value female satisfaction, through the aesthetic and social concern of producing content that gives pleasure to girls. Now, their body is placed as their own possession, and they can finally use their creativity to enjoy intimacy.

This care and dedication in the production of feminist pornography involves the choice of new optics to portray scenes of sexual involvement. In these, the plot is elaborated using a more complex angle, exempting itself from silly plots and absent from the repertoire, whose purpose would only be to expose the female body. In these films, every detail of the features and body parts is valued, since, for the woman to reach her long-awaited orgasm, a network of factors is needed that direct each of her nerves to that moment. Any impulse can cause distraction and turn the tide of excitement back.

Therefore, the direction of these films is also formed by a female team, capable of assimilating the functioning of the sexual process in the female body and illustrating it in the film. The truth is, only women will understand each other when it comes to their own pleasure. From a male point of view, you will rarely give in to the full experience that will lead to the climax. Actresses that cause identification and beautiful actors, instead of violent and harsh, are other essential elements in the filmographic modality, to give the desired perspective.

“There is a demand, but most women want something much more candid, clean, and sexually intelligent than what you can find on most other portals,” says Pablo Dobner, executive director and co-founder of Erika Lust Films, short film producer. Lust’s cinema acts as an educational, pleasurable, and compliant instrument with the increasingly improved knowledge of human sexuality. The aim is to lead the viewer to live with greater freedom and explore desires in a more natural way, breaking with stereotyped sexual roles and wrongly rooted gender perceptions.

It is worth mentioning that the universe of “art-core porn” grows more and more. There are several names of writers, directors, and producers responsible for enriching the feminist sexual sector with high-quality and exciting content. Check out the icons below and immerse yourself in a never-ending process of nurturing your female sexuality (and guilt-free!).

Hilda hilst

Pioneer on the path to eroticism made by women in the ’90s, playwright Hilda Hilst addresses in her poetry and prose themes such as love, human concerns, philosophical questions, and especially sex, in a libertine and shameless way, portraying incest, prostitution, and different eschatological themes. “Pornô Chic”, by Editora Globo, is a compilation necessary to understand the author’s writing and measure how visionary she was in a context in which female sexuality was still beginning to gain its role.

Petra Joy

Petra Joy, German-based in the UK, independent producer of porn films based on female fantasies. She works as a producer, director, photographer, and journalist, having received several awards. “My alternative porn movies are based on erotic fantasies that my friends and women around the world have shared with me. And, of course, some are my own”, Joy expresses about her work, responsible for encouraging new directors to enter the extensive universe of the sexual perspective of femininity. The producer even created The Petra Joys Awards, to give an upward voice to the sector.

Juliana Frank

The Brazilian writer is responsible for the erotic novel “Quenga de plástico”. The pages are the diary of the ex-porn actress Leyla Kedman, expressing in a comical, ironic, and direct way her sexual adventures during those years. Furthermore, Frank has written short stories for important newspapers such as O Globo and Folha de São Paulo, working as a columnist for Playboy.

Abhiyana

Writer of the book “Pequenos Textos Putos e Ilustrações Pornográficas Aleatórias” and creator of the project “Why is enjoying so good?”, the artist acts as a pioneer by using in her work “photos produced from real and absolutely intense sexual experiences”. Describing her work, Abhyiana adds: “Sex has always been sold as something dirty. This is a great sadness for humanity. Sex is a great gift for humanity. Today people don’t have sex just because they want to have children. They have sex because want to enjoy, and that’s very good.” The perspective highlights the previously mentioned female sexual revolution, and once again extols the importance of prestige and growth of “art-core porn” productions, whether written or shown on screens.

————————————–

The article below was edited by Carolina Azevedo.

Like this type of content? Check out Her Campus Cásper Líbero for more!

Mariana do Patrocínio

Casper Libero '25

journalism student. aquarius. art lover. fashion addict. yoga practitioner. traveler.