The 8 most remarkable moments in Victoria’s Secret Fashion Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show was and continues to be one of the biggest televised fashion shows. From its first edition, in 1995, to the creation of the Angels, in 1998, the popularity of the show has grown successfully. 

However, in 2019 the company decided to cancel the show, due to severe criticism, alleging that the group refused to add diversity to the runway. This year, the show made the much expected comeback.

In celebration of that, let’s remember some of the most remarkable moments of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show! 

The first pair of wings

In 1998, the show started to become bigger, and the models Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, Laetitia Casta and Stephanie Seymour were the first ones to wear the famous wings. 

The first streamed show

The 2001 show was the first ever edition to be streamed on TV, at the ABC channel, and had 12,4 million viewers. It had the presence of some legendary models, such as Gisele Büdchen, Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Eva Herzigova, Adriana Lima. Performing on stage, the singers Mary J. Blidge and Andrea Bocelli did amazing performances. To this day,  it is still the most viewed show in the history of Victoria’s Secret.

When Gisele kept walking down the runway with protesters

In 2002, Gisele had just signed a half million dollar contract with Blackgama, one of the biggest fur companies in the United States. While Gisele rocked a black and red lingerie, four PETA protesters came on stage. But, as we already know, there is not a situation that the supermodel doesn’t handle professionally. She kept walking as if nothing happened.

The Sexyback performance

In 2006, Justin Timberlake and Gisele Büdchen staredone of the hottest moments in the show’s history. The supermodel was so worried to do her best walk that she didn’t even pay attention to the singer. This is also the last year Gisele walked on the show, so it’s safe to say that she said goodbye properly!

Rihanna’s catwalk debut

In 2012, the performances  included names such as Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars. But the one that really stole the show was Rihanna and her breathtaking beauty and perfect catwalk. 

Two Fantasy Bras

In 2014, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio were the first ones in history to wear two fantasy bras. The design was made by the jewelry Mouawad, costing 2 million dollars. 

When Bella Hadid and The Weeknd met again in the runaway

At Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2016, The Weeknd sang his hit “Starboy”, while Bella Hadid, his ex girlfriend, debuted in the show. What an awkward situation!

Adriana Lima’s goodbye

The last catwalk of Adriana Lima for Victoria’s Secret, in 2018, was beautiful and emotional. The brazilian model, who walked for VS since 1999 and was an expected presence on every show, did not hide her tears while walking down her last walk runaway for the brand. In 2017, she was nominated the “most valuable angel of the brand”. 

—————–

The article above was edited by Anna Maria Prado.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Sofia Bianco

Casper Libero '26

hi! i'm a future journalist who loves fashion, coffee, and good music!