This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.
Everybody knows that this little crystal, named “sugar”, can cause a lot of health problems when consumed in excess. But, if you are a smart person, you can find out other options to do with sugar that can make you save money and still look like a princess. And you don’t need to eat it, just to say.

Paying for college and with our small internship salaries, we know how hard is to buy those expensive products to maintain our beauty. Because of that, here am I, bringing to you some tips to use something that you probably have in your house — and helping you to keep your money in your pocket. Sugar is used in a several cosmetic formulations, and is good for skin and hair.

For exfoliating, it is perfect!  I mean, not just to your face, but also to your whole body. Yes, we already know that the small particles help to retire the dead cells and the dirt. What more, Bia? I tell you: derivatives of sugar cane are the perfect moisturizing agent for your skin. It helps the skin to keep its natural moisture, letting the skin hydrated. Not to mention the glycolic acid, that helps in the skin renewal. That is also a good reason to use sugar as a skin moisturizing.

For the capillary moisturizing, it is recommended to use the brown sugar, because its composition is rich in vitamin C, B1 and B2, besides the powerful minerals, like iron and magnesium, which prevents the hair loss. However, if you don’t have brown sugar in your house, don’t worry — you can use the crystal sugar without any trouble.

OK girls, you’re probably bored now. Relax! I will show you how these concepts are apply in the real life — and you will realize that they can be as easier as you thought.

Recipes:

Exfoliating recipe: Sugar + Honey, you are my candy girl! ♫

Used and approved by our pretty casperians, Tamiris Oliveira (RTVI, 2nd year) and Carol Comoli (graduate student in PP, 2015). Check it out!

What do I need?

– One tablespoon sugar;
– One tablespoon honey (if you don’t have it, you can use moisturizing cream or just the sugar, like the casperian Maiara Eduarda Dias suggested);

How to use it:

Massage your face (or body) for a few minutes, then wash. Use a cream after the process, if you fell that it’s needed. You’ll glow, sunshine!

Moisturizing recipe: Hair Cream + Sugar, how you get so fly? ♫

What do I need?

– Three tablespoons hair cream;
– One tablespoon sugar;
– One tablespoon coconut oil (it can also be either vegetal oil, or, like our pretty casperian Nath Fagotti use, a Bepantol).

How to use it:

Wash your hair with shampoo, and then apply this mix all over your hair, massaging it. Put a plastic cap and wait between 20 and 30 minutes. Rinse, and shine, baby!

Do you know other recipes with sugar like those? Comment here and let us learn with you too. We will love it!

Beatriz Moraes

Casper Libero

Beatriz Moraes is a writer since she knows herself. She began in literature with her first book, Ultravioleta, in December 2015. Fascinated by police investigation and owls, we can define her as aquarian, sherlockian and perhaps an elf. For now, only worried about not to worry too much. Moreover, journalism as a profession, poetry as ambition, and lets let the life to surprise her!
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.