This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Since social isolation is still a thing, we have to find new hobbies to not get bored at all, so watching tv shows could be a alternative. Get to know some series that will be released anytime soon or they were launched in short time, so you can relax and escape from reality. You just have to put this productions on your list and program yourself to watch!

Who killed Sara

The thriller melodrama directed by David Ruiz and Bernardo de la Rosa, which came out on March 24th of 2021, was renewed by Netflix and the sequel will be released this May 19th, only two months after the premiere. 

That was quick, wasn’t it? So don’t lose your time and go watch this amazing mexican show that tells the story of Alex Gúzman, played by Manolo Cardona (The Snitch Cartel), that was accused of the murder of his sister Sara (Ximena Lamadrid), a crime he did not commit. He have to prove that it wasnt him by trying to find out the real murder. The exciting mystery series will follow up Gúzman’s journey into proving it was not him.

Panic

Every single summer in the small and forgotten  town of Carp, Texas, USA, the game Panic is the only way out. In the game, the graduating seniors risk their lives and challenge themselves into confronting their deepest fears in the competition to win the big prize, that is a certain amount of money! And it gets more mysterious when no one knows who invented it or when the game began. 

That’s the story of Panic, the new Amazon Prime adventure series directed by Leigh Aniack and Ry Russo-Young, and based on the Lauren Oliver book with the same name, the show will count with 10 episodes starred by Oliva Welch, Mike Feist and more. If you are a fan of the movie sequence Jigsaw, you’ll probably love the series that will premiere at the Amazon Prime Video platform on May 28th. 

DOM

This new crime drama based on a real life story, shows us the life of Pedro Dom, a young man from Rio de Janeiro who became a cocaine addict at a very young age and also became the leader of a very famous criminal gang. Meanwhile, the show will also tell the story of his father, Victor Dantas, who is a cop that during the 70s got specialized in the fight against drugs. Even with totally different lifes, sooner or later their paths will be crossed.

The brazilian series directed by Vicente Kubrusly and Breno Silveira, is starred by this amazing cast with Gabriel Leone, Flávio Tolezani, Filipe Bragança, Raquel Villar, Isabella Santoni, Ramon Francisco, Digão Ribeiro, Fábio Lago, Julia Konrad e André Mattos. The premiere will happen on June 4th on Amazon Prime Video.

Loki

This one is for the Marvel fans! This June 9th, the show about the mischief god will be released on Disney+. Tom Hiddleston will come back as the Laufey Son in this adventure through the different realities – probably messing them up – since the show will take place after Avengers: Endgame events. Also the first teaser released reminds us that this version of the villain didn’t have a redemption arc. 

Unfortunately, this will count with only six episodes with around 45 minutes each. There will be weekly episodes but differently than Wandavision and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier that was on Fridays, the Loki series will be released on Wednesdays. Some fans claim that the series won’t be released on June 9th but before that date, this theory counts with Disney playing us because Loki is the nordic god of mischief. What do you think? Is this possible or totally nuts? 

Alice in Borderland

If you haven’t watched this Netflix show yet, you really should because you are missing out so much! Bloody games, deck cards and a lot of mystery are just a few of what you will see in the new season of the dystopian manga adaptation. The first season tells the story of Arisu and his friends Chota and Karube who are mysteriously transported from Tokyo to an alternative reality where they have to play games to survive. 

We know nothing but speculations about season two of the show, Netflix Asia confirmed the second season on December 24th, 2020. Rumours say that it is possible the season explains some of the mysteries but not all, in a hope of more seasons happen on future.

American Horror Stories

American Horror Stories is a spinoff series of American Horror Story, the show will be exclusively available on FX on Hulu. Ryan Murphy said the show will contain16 one-hour episodess, this means the episodes won’t have a continued storylines, just like another popular show called Black Mirror. 

In Murphy’s words the show will explore horror myths, legends and lore. Also it was said that some AHS stars will make an appearance – fans speculate to be Taissa Farmiga, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett and Cody Fern. For the American Horror Story fans happiness it’s confirmed that Sarah Paulson is directing one of the episodes, just like she did in Ratched and American Crime Story, both Ryan Murphy’s productions. Some fans spotted filmages at the Murder House, which leave us to imagine that one of the episodes could be at the same place as the first season of AHS. It’s known that the series will premiere late this year.

Daisy Jones & The Six 

Inspired by the terrific novel about a fictional band by Taylor Jenkis Reid, Amazon Prime Video already finished  the show’s production and its premiere was delayed due to Covid-19. Reese Witherspoon produced the 2019 best-seller’s TV adaptation, and is planned to premiere in 2021. Even before the book was published, in 2018, Amazon ordered a 13 episode series based on the novel. The show will feature a ton of original songs, distributed by Amazon Music, set in the 70s and a lot of Fleetwood Mac vibes.

If that’s not good enough, the cast is absolutely perfect! We have the granddaughter of Elvis Presley, Riley Keough as Daisy Jones, the Argentine-american actress Camila Morrone as Camila Dunne, the british actor Sam Claffin as Billy Dunne, the brazilian actress Nabiyah Be as Simone Jackson, and a lot more.

More TV shows 

There are even more series that you can enjoy soon:

Lucifer (last season; season 5 part 2) → May 28th on Netflix

Lupine (2nd season) → June 11th on Netflix

iCarly (reboot) → June 17th on Paramount +

Physical (1st season) → June 18th on Apple TV +

Elite (4th season) → June 18th on Netflix

Rick and Morty (5th season) → June 20th on Adult Swim

Monster at Work (1st season) → July 2nd on Disney +

Heels (1st season) → August 15th on StarzPlay

The Walking Dead (11th season) → August 22nd on AMC Channel

—————————————————–

The article above was edited by Camila Nascimento.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Jourrnalism student. When im not freaking out about college, im obsessing over books, movies, theater and SZA.