Robert Pattinson Is Not Only Edward Cullen: Get To Know Everything About Our Next Batman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Robert Pattinson probably hasn’t been as talked about as he is now since 2008 -when the first Twilight Saga movie came out. Ever since he’s been announced as the new face of Bruce Wayne aka Batman, Pattinson has been the target of much praise but also a lot of criticism.

Many people take him for the “actor who played the glowing vampire” as a reference to Edward Cullen, but he’s much more than that (not that he should be ashamed of playing Cullen). Ever since his breakthrough in the Stephenie Meyer’s film adaptations, Pattinson has worked with many reputable directors and actors and has truly experienced when it comes to the roles he chooses to play. Here’s everything you need to know about our next Batman and all the great work he has done over the last 8 years!

His career before Edward Cullen

Pattinson’s career was already going places before he took on the role of Edward Cullen. Prior to the Twilight movies, Robert had already taken part in a major movie and surprise, surprise: another saga! If you’re into Harry Potter you probably already know that he was the face of a very dear character: Cedric Diggory, in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”. The movie came out in 2005. Also, while playing Edward Cullen in the Twilight Saga, he took part in other movies such as “Remember Me” (2010) and “Water For Elephants” (2010), alongside Reese Witherspoon.

His career after Edward Cullen

The last Twilight movie came out in 2012. So for the last 8 years Robert Pattinson has been focused in many other projects – usually low-budget indie films. Here’s some of his movies you should definitely check out!

The Lighthouse (2019)

Two lighthouse keepers, played by Pattinson and Willem Dafoe, try to maintain their sanity whilst living on a remote and mysterious New England island in the 1890s. The movie was directed, produced and scripted by Robert Eggers, one of the most promising directors of the last few years. Also, it was nominated for Best Cinematography at the 92nd Academy Awards and 73rd British Academy Film Awards.

Tenet (2020)

Armed with only one word, Tenet, and fighting for the survival of the entire world, a Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time. The movie is directed and written by Christopher Nolan, known for movies like “Interestelar”, “Dunkirk” and “Inception”.

High Life (2018)

High Life is a 2018 science fiction horror film directed by Claire Denis. Her English-language debut is written by Denis and her long-time collaborator Jean-Pol Fargeau. Starring Robert Pattinson and Juliette Binoche, the film focuses on a group of criminals who are sent on a mission to travel on a spaceship toward a black hole while taking part in scientific experiments.

Cosmopolis (2012)

Riding across Manhattan in a stretch limo in order to get a haircut, a 28-year-old billionaire asset manager’s day devolves into an odyssey with a cast of characters that start to tear his world apart. The movie was released a few months before the last Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn pt. 2, came out.

Life (2015)

A photographer for LIFE Magazine (played by Pattinson) is assigned to shoot pictures of James Dean, infamous and iconic 1950’s Hollywood star.

——————————————————————

The article above was edited by Laura Enchioglo

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Nathália Lopes

Casper Libero '23

Journalism student