Quick Tips: 3 Brushes that Will Turn you into an Eye Makeup Expert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Even if you are a beginner in the makeup subject, or already do this for a longer time, you don’t always have enough time in your hands to do a huge eye production, especially during finals week. This is the moment where brushes become your new best friend. They can give you precision or the opposite, depending on its size and type.

So here’s a selection of three essentials to carry on your makeup bag.

THE ANGLE BRUSH

If you are into a cat eye effect and do not exactly master the art of eyeliner, this brush with a little bit of black eye shadow can make true magic. For a stronger effect, moist the brush tip to make a paste with the shadow.

THE PENCIL BRUSH

This amazing type of brush works like – the name already says – a pencil. So if you are looking for precision, that is the way to go. A great technique for using it, is smoking some dark pencil along the lash line. Expand to the entire eye crease and you get a smoke eye in a few seconds.

THE SHADER BRUSH

You can do pretty much everything with this brush. It is the perfect option if you want to have an intense color on the lid with the flatten part, and to blend with the tip.

Bianca Gomes Costa

Casper Libero '18

21 year old Journalism student at Cásper Líbero and living in São Paulo. Here she is a beauty reporter. Her dream job would be Beauty Editor at Vogue or idealistically, be paid to travel around the world tasting different foods. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.