Style > Decor

Plant Mom: 10 Species That Brings Good Vibes For Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

In May we celebrate Mother’s Day. It is a month dedicated to moms, grandmas, and all kinds of female figures that play this role. But not only people get to have beautiful and strong moms. 

Plants need a love and caring person to take care of them, and in exchange, they bring color and life to the room. Having just a little green can transform an environment and even reduce both physiological and psychological stress, according to a study from the Journal of Psychological Anthropology.

You don’t need to have plenty of space in your house to have indoor plants. The only thing you need is to be a plant lover and the desire to make your house greener. Therefore, I selected ten out of the best plants to have at home!   

Jade Plant

They are succulents, therefore, resilient and easy to grow indoor. Jade Plants live for a very long time and can adapt easily to the warm and dry conditions, they are great for those that forget to water, as they only need to be watered every few days.

Philodendron

There are hundreds of species of philodendron, this one in the picture is Philodendron Brasil. They are low maintenance plant as they prefer low light and only need to be watered once or twice a week.

Aloe Plants

The spikes on its leaves are an interesting look to have on your desk or bedside table. Aloe have hundreds of species that love indirect light and only need to be watered every week or two.

Mother-in-law’s Tongue

These are a thought kind of plant. They can go a month without water. Mother-in-law’s Tongue are often used as an amulet against negative energies, it is like a shield that will protect the environment.

Cactus

They are so easy to take care of, they only need indirect lighting and water once a week. There’s a big variety of plants in the cactus family, they can be small, big, have different shapes, and even blossom sometimes. It is a really pretty plant to have at home.

Rubber Plant

The Rubber Plants are not only beautiful, they are also one of the best air-cleaners plants to have indoor. They only need bright indirect light and to be water when the soil is dry.

Bird of Paradise

If you have a more spacious room, a Bird of Paradise is definitely the plant to go for. It like humidity, so keep the soil moist, but not soggy, and you will have a beautiful plant to admire.

Split Leaf Philodendrons

These interesting looking plants are my personal favourites. The Split Leaf Philodendron needs to be located in a bright place with indirect light and pay attention to keep the soil moist.

Kentia Palm

The Kentia Palm is a low maintenance plant, sunlight and regular watering are enough to make it happy and alive. This palm is perfect for the tropical looking lovers, and it’s size is perfect to make a focal point in interior landscape.

Fern

Ferns easily grown in shady places but they also love the early morning or late afternoon sunlight. Just like the Rubber Plants, Ferns are also really good air purifiers.

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Gabriela Sartorato.  

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero home page for more!

Natalia Bastos

Casper Libero '22

Journalist student. Travel lover. Life enthusiast.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.