Lollapalooza Brazil: Tips on How to Have the Time of your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Lollapalooza 2017 is already around the corner and this year the festival has some new things that promises to improve it and help you enjoy even more this big experience.

Picture by Gabrielle Vianna

When Lollapalooza was created in USA, in 1991, it was an itinerant festival. Its creator, Perry Farrell, lead singer of Jane’s Addiction, wanted it to be a goodbye tour for his band. It turned out to be much more than that and in 2005 it became permanent at Grant Park, Chicago, Illinois. After announcing the first edition outside the USA, in Chile, in 2011, the festival became even bigger and this year, it will happen in more than 5 countries.

The big news for this edition is the cashless concept. You will have to change your ticket for a bracelet that will be used to buy everything inside the festival. It can be charged before it at their official website so you don’t need to get in lines during the festival so that will save you a lot time to enjoy more shows. Also you don’t even have to be worried about walking around with lots of cash in your wallet.  

Basically what you need to remember to take with you to have a nice time there is:

– your personal documents

– a hat

– sun glasses

– something to put on the floor that you can sit on it, like a tablecloth or something

– sun block

– a cool bag

– a camera

– a raincoat (cause it’s São Paulo and the weather is always unpredictable)

The clothes are a very special part of the festival preparation – in case you are a fashion girl. Lollapalooza is known for celebrating the divergence of tribes so you will find people dressed in many different ways. This year it seems to be the year of kimonos. You can find it in any of the fast fashion stores. But remember that being comfortable is the priority, it will be a long day and you should be able to dance without any concern.

That’s me and my friend on the first day of last year’s edition

And me at the second day of last year’s edition – yes, for me it was the best year

Below you can find  some ideas of kimonos for this year. A kimono with a body underneath is perfection!

You can also combine the kimono with a T-shirt of your favorite band.

You can take a look at these pictures taken by the Journalism student Gabrielle Vianna in 2015 if you want some more inspiration:

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.