This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

John Hughes’ Must-Watch Movies

There is something special about his movies, John Hughes was able to capture the essence of adolescence and put it in film. He created some of the best outsider characters of all time and portrayed teenage crisis as earth-shattering as it is to the young generation. Here are some of his best movies that should definetely be in your watchlist:  

Breakfast Club

Five students are at Shermer High School for detention on a saturday. Each one of them has a different personality and believe that they have nothing in common. It is very interesting how Hughes deconstruct the stereotypes and give depth to the teenagers. By the end of the day, they realize they are more alike than they could ever imagine.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

A high-school senior, Ferris, fakes an illness to skip school and go on an adventure with his girlfriend, Sloane, and his best friend, Cameron, who he wants to help gain some confidence and self-respect since he is in a constant crisis. They spend a day in town, enjoying one of their last flings before they graduate and follow different paths.

Weird Science

Two geek best friends, Gary and Wyatt, can’t get a real date and decide to create the realistic simulation of a girl on a computer. By accident (or not), she becomes real and turn their lives upside down. This fantastic woman, Lisa, is set on building their self-confidence and helping them realize that they have what it takes.

Sixteen Candles

It is Samantha Baker’s birthday. Her sweet sixteen is everything but special, since her entire family forget the importante date and she has to deal with a disastrous social life. Sam’s house is crowded with relatives for her sister’s wedding and she feels ignored. She also has to deal with a lovely dork who has a crush on her, while she is in love with the hottest guy in the school.  

Pretty In Pink

Andie is a creative and smart poor teenage girl, whose quirky best friend, Duck, is in love with, while she is interested in the nice and rich Blane. She is divided by a lovely yet from a very different world guy and her childhood friendship.

Larissa Damascena

Casper Libero '20

-
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.