Style > Fashion

It’s Spooky Season: 5 Costumes Inspired By TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It’s that time of year again: time to dress up worries- free, to copy your favorite character style – or try to impersonate the scary ones -, to try out new things and clothes. We have reached Halloween!

TV Shows are always a good place to find ideas of what to wear because the options available can supply almost any need or desire. And here I will show you 5 costume ideas inspired by TV Shows.

Sabrina Spellman – Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Part 3, 2020)

Sabrina is an icon, period. So of course she needed to be the first mentioned. 

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a Netflix show about a half-witch, half-human young girl. We follow Sabrina in her teenage years, trying to balance her everyday life with the legacy of her sorceress family. The TV Show is complete and has 4 parts available.

I swear you can watch any episode and have at least 1 new costume idea from Sabrina’s wardrobe, but since cheerleaders are always a yes, why not a witch cheerleader? A great point of it is its simplicity to copy: a black dress, black boots, a cheerleading pom and you are ready to rock it! 

Wednesday Adams – Wednesday (2022)

We will discover more about the Addams Family girl in the upcoming Netflix Shows on Wednesday. In Tim Burton’s live-action, Jenna Ortega will star as the lead role and we will see the girl in her school years while she tries to understand her psychic ability and try to solve a mystery involving her parents. Wednesday premieres in November.

Wednesday is a classic call for Halloween parties. You can become part of the Addams Family with two braids heavy makeup and a long-sleeved dress with a white collar. It’s also a great costume for groups since the family has 7 members!

Cassie Howard and Maddy Perez – Euphoria (Season 2, 2022)

This one’s for the people who don’t want to have a scary or horror-related costume this year, we got your back! 

Euphoria is a massive success for HBO and has 2 seasons on their streaming. We met Rue, who made Zendaya win 2 Emmys – Jules, Fezco, Nate, Cassie, Mandy, and many more other characters we love and hate through the episodes. The last 3 mentioned have a big part in the second season plot because Cassie ended up dating Maddy’s ex.

But before the drama, the girls used to be besties and this is the part of their relationship that we are copying here. The 2 piece set is an easy costume you can adapt for your own preferences, like replacing pants for skirts, and match with your bestie!

Twisty the Clown – American Horror Story (Season 4, 2014)

We have horror too! And what is better for it than American Horror Story? Each season of the TV Show tells a different story. The fourth one, Freak Show, is about a freak show and a killer clown.

Clowns are a complex topic for some, there are many people out there who are terrified of them, me included, but if you aren’t it’s one of the best and the most classic Halloween costume of all. 

Vecna – Stranger Things (Season 4, 2022)

We can’t talk about Halloween this year without mentioning Stranger Things

Netflix premiered the fourth season of the TV Show about the mysteries and creatures of Hawkins and our favorite mystery-solving characters. 

Vecna is the main villain of the new season, played by Jamie Campbell Bower, here I chose a Henry costume as the inspiration – Henry is Vecna’s human “version”, and the white outfit is what he used to wear when he was at the Hawkins’s Lab as 001 – since the Vecna one wasn’t straightforward to replicate.

And yes, I have to do an honorable mention to Eddie, we love him!

Halloween allows us to dress up as we want, so the most important part of your costume is to have fun in it!

The article above was edited by Julia Bonin.

Liked this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero home page for more!

Isabelle Pelozzo

Casper Libero '23

Journalism student. Passionate about soccer, Formula 1, music and movies! :)