Blocked Border?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Blocked Border?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
TikTok / Canva
Career

Hot Take: TikTok Is Backing Up Gen Z’s Careers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Nowadays, TikTok is one of the most popular social media in the world, mainly used by young people. The app includes all kinds of subjects for all different ages, and, realizing the facility people have using it, they started doing something different than the purpose of the platform was at the beginning. At first, it was only an entertainment website, where people make videos for fun, but still, gain money for it. However, the visibility turned into something bigger than anyone could ever imagine.

In this way, TikTok is now mostly used by teenagers to enter the labor market, showing their abilities and speaking about what they enjoy in posted videos. That said, what supports the juveniles is how simple it is to be seen by people and take advantage of this easy fame to build their careers. In 1968, Andy Warhol said “In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes.” and became his most well-known statement, introducing us to the reality we currently live.

The modern youth shows that, occasionally, everything you need is a chance to display all that you know, and the network is a very useful space to see talents emerging and helping to expose themselves in any way it could lead them to a great job in the future. Instead of destroying it, it is giving adolescents a lot of possibilities to go further on the internet to boost their professional careers. In actual society, it is important to think about how essential it is to reinvent and take technology as a great part of it.

The biggest doubt about becoming an internet worker is: Is it going to work out? Am I going to be able to reconcile my job with social media? There were moments you could see people throwing away their jobs to do it, and for some reason, it all went wrong, as if you accidentally (or not) said something that hurt someone. On the other hand, some folks got famous in their area, such as Loren Gray, an 18-year-old singer who became the most followed singer in the app. 

To understand more about how TikTok operates, Amanda Gomes, a TV reporter who is also trying to focus on the platform, said about explain wherefore she risked, and her opinion about young people doing alike. “I work five hours per day, so it is very smooth to conciliate with other stuff. As my job on the internet is to post news happening in Brazil, I’m always researching about it as a reporter either. The youth using it as well, in my opinion, is not only worth it, but it should be mandatory for them to start their career on the web. If we are not on social media we don’t exist. It helps you to get your portfolio for your internship and future job”.

Video: Post by Amanda Gomes from TikTok

————————-

The article above was written by Julia Macori and edited by Lívia Carvalho.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Casper Libero’s home page for more!

Julia Macori

Casper Libero '25

Nascida em Sorocaba/Sp, feminista, apaixonada por escrever, ler e completamente fissurada por futebol. Descobri na escrita a melhor forma que encontrei pra me expressar, de uma maneira que possa compartilhar experiências à quem quer que seja. Eu e o jornalismo andamos lado a lado com o objetivo de levar, além de informação, todo tipo de leitura que estiver ao meu alcance, melhorando a cada dia.