Guide Shops: The Innovative Concept That Changes The Way You Buy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Nowadays there is no doubt that online shopping makes our life much more easier, doesn’t it? Even though, there are still people who would rather buy on a physical shop, due to a lack of trust or  wanting because they want to handle clothes and  take it home right away. Nowadays, something new came up aiming to attract and conquer the hearts and minds of those picky buyers.

The stores, known as guide shops, offer a true and huge digital immersion. There we have the possibility to try the items, which are available online, and talk to fashion advisors. However, you can only buy items on the store’s website. The establishment does even provide computers and iPads for the clients to use. This way, the shoppers’ necessities are fulfilled at the same time it makes them have a direct contact with the digital world. 

You must be asking yourself: “Why would anyone go all the way to a store, buy something and walk away empty handed?”. That is exactly the main benefit. You won’t need to carry a big heavy bag all day long, because when you’re home your clothes will be there waiting for you. 

Yes, it does sound crazy, but this new way of shopping is gaining strength around the world. The concept first came to Brazil on 2015 with the online shop AMARO, a pioneer in this market.

Another concept that is growing is the Mini Guide, stands where computers and internet are provided for shoppers. A true 100% virtual and technological experience.

But how does the shipping works?

Certainly this question is quite common and the answer is easier than you think. When you buy at a guide shop the shipping is for FREE. Not to mention the various options of delivery. 

By choosing the express shipping, for example, your purchase will arrive until 10:30 pm on that very day. The super express assures you will receive it max two and a half hours after you buy it. Yes, it seems like magic! But it is only technology making your life much easier.

Another fun fact is that if the item received doesn’t fit well for any reason, the client can ask to get the money back, or to earn credit for a future buy and even try new clothes.

Guide Shops in SP

Basico.com

“A space to see, feel and try our ‘basics’”

A minimalist, but visionary idea. Basico.com has five guide shops spread all over São Paulo: Villa Lobos Mall, Oscar Freire Street, Bela Vista, Vila Madalena and Jardim Paulistano are the places chosen by the brand.

AMARO

The brand has already guide shops in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, located in various addresses as the Pátio Higienópolis, Pátio Paulista, Villa Lobos, Morumbi Town, Anália Franco, Vila Butantã, Barra and Top Center malls. Those “urban courtesies”, like Pop Up guide shops on special events, promote a smart optimization of space and make the brand even more famous and admired.

Translation by Bruna Anielle

Journalism student
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.