This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

He got a 10 on his final paper at Cásper, won a prize for the best economic journalist, read people’s zodiac maps and taught lots of juniors how to dance with a glass on the top of the head: meet Leo Uller.

Name: Leonardo Pires Uller

Age: 21

Sign: Gemini

Hometown: São Paulo

Preference: Boys

Status: Taken

Hobbies: pop music, astrology, going to the beach and solving puzzles

Leo, tell us little bit about the prize you won last month.It was really unexpected! I’ve barely started my career, it was astonishing. I kind of dropped into economic journalism in my second year of college. At that time, I had this obsession of finding a place that would hire me as an employee, not an intern – I felt like needing to graduate after being hired. I sent a lot of e-mails, and InfoMoney (a site about economy) called me. I discovered that they use to hire their internship partners, so I entered not knowing much about economic stuff.

Did you know a lot about economy before going there?I have learned a lot this past two years. It is like a school, my editor teaches me everything from the basic parts to the complex ones.

Do you intend to continue in this area?Yes, I do. I have a nice portfolio in the area, articles that I’ve written, people I’ve met and courses that I’ve participated of. I was hired, got what I wanted. There’s no reason to start all over now.

How do you feel talking about such complicated issues as numbers?It’s a huge responsibility! People ask me stuff because I work with economy, but that doesn’t mean that I’m the one to tell them what to do with their money. But I always end up giving some tips about it.

Was talking about economy something that you imagined for your life?I’ve always wanted to write about cultural subjects. At my first year here at Cásper, I sent my résumé to Billboard and Rolling Stones, but none of them had vacancy. But at the end it was a good thing not being called, because I’m able to listen to Adele’s songs, for example, without having to write about it later. I can just enjoy it.

Tell us about your other side: the one that dances with glasses at parties. I’ve always liked to make impressions at parties. I like to shine, I don’t know. In 2013, at the last party of the year, me and my friends started joking and I put a glass on the top of head to dance. On the next year, I remembered this and did it again, and everyone around started to do the same. After that, I always do it that parties, I think it’s fun. Some days ago, I saw a picture of some girls that I’m not close to with the glass on the top of their heads, and I haven’t even gone to that party.

Do you think this will be your legacy to Cásper?I wish I could leave something more important, but it counts as well (laughs).

Student of Journalism at Faculdade Cásper Líbero and editor of Art and Photography at the oldest house organ magazine of Latin America, "A Imprensa". Loves reading, travelling and cats.
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.