This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

A Psychology assistant teacher of a Canadian University, Lethbridge, in 2003, published a search in the academic newspaper Perception, proving that eyebrows are more important than eyes to recognize people. The conclusion was made by the exhibition of 50 celebrities’ pictures to a group of people. The first half os the selected photographs without eyes, only. The other half, with figures’ eyes but the eyebrows were taken. Guess what? 56% attendees identified people without eyes, but only 46% managed the same with no eyebrows.

Beyond that, the eyes frame – as the poets would say – were iconic items through beauty time. The 90’s, for example, where marked by thin and simple eyebrows. And now, as Cara Delevingne made us jealous – being one of the most copied and coveted eyebrows – who doesn’t want it full of natural and unique shapes?

Wandering through Cásper Líbero’s halls, most girls prefer to hand the “caterpillars” to professional hands. Not only because it’s a cultural thing go to the salon to get them done, but also because they already got bad results trying to do it on their own – and we must assume that it’s not an easy task. But some still risk it and do it well.

About eyebrows, they are not a simple subject, but can also be powerful stuff! Full of expression, the form it takes through a conversation, for example, can change how it is interpreted. In otherways, it can be used for your own benefit! :)

As all the beauty weapons on our hands in 2015, it has to be used to highlight your natural beauty. Embody from yourself and, confident, do your eyebrows bests. 

Isabela Barbosa

Casper Libero

Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.