Do you think chocolate eggs are expensive? They have the solution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Most people love chocolate and during Easter time the demand for this product increases, especially shaped as Easter eggs. However, the overpriced chocolate eggs did not please customers this year and, besides being expensive, they don’t taste as good as they should for the price that it’s paid for them. An alternative for that is to buy homemade Easter eggs. I talked to three Casperians who make Easter Eggs, or have someone in their family who does, and they shared some of this fun and delicious experience:

Amanda Ruffo’s mother, Valéria Ruffo, started making Easter eggs in 2015, after taking a course at Chocolândia. Since she already bakes cakes in her Cafeteria ADORO, the Easter eggs became another source of income at this time of the year. Some of the flavors are the same as their delicious cakes, which are always praised either on the Cafeteria’s Facebook page, or when people post on their social networks, as well as face to face. Clients say that their care and affection while making it attract more and more customers.

Beatriz Salles sells candies throughout the year, mainly brigadeiros and naked cakes, with her company Na Forminha Brigaderia, and last year, she decided to make Easter Eggs, since it’s a successful product and it sells a lot over the holiday. Sharing her work on Facebook and Instagram, helped her to receive many compliments and an excellent profit. To provide the best, her mom gives her a hand when necessary, seeing that she also likes to bake and to cook. In times of large orders, like Easter and Christmas, she hires someone else to help with the production.

The Easter spirit in Isadora Alduini is created by her aunts Maira and Cristina, and by her mother Claudia, who have been making Easter Eggs for more than 20 years. Since they all have other jobs and Choco Ovo is just another source of income, they share the tasks among themselves, from melting to wrapping. According to Isadora, they keep doing it because they have a big number of clients, who really enjoy and recommend their products.

Descubro quem eu sou entre uma escrita e outra.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.