Dancing with Marianna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Name: Marianna Ferraz

Age: 20

Major: Publicity & Propaganda

Year: 2018

Sign: Pisces

Preference: Boys

Status: In love

Interests: Ballet, poems, art

Tell us a little bit about you and ballet!I take classes since I was 7, and ballet classes were, and still are, like an escape for me. When I dance my problems disappear.

What about your experience dancing abroad?Due to my ballet experience, I won a scholarship to study at “The Harid Conservatory”. My dream was to be a professional dancer, but unfortunately at the end of the course I broke my hip and had to spend a long time recovering.

And when you decided to be a Casper Libero’s student?After a long identity crisis I decided that ballet was not making me happy, so I chose Publicity & Propaganda at Casper. Now, I really love the course so far.

Why Publicity & Propaganda?I am very communicative and love to invent, interpret and solve situations. I spend hours in front of television to watch programs that most people don’t. I believe that is very interesting how rhetoric is a important matter in all advertising. The ability to create realities is also another point that fascinates me in this area. Also publicity has many opportunities. Advertising moves the world and why not participate in this process?

You have a blog, right? Tell us about it.As I am simply in love with writing, I decided to create a blog to share my writings. “Vício Propício” has poems and texts on many subjects. Long and short poems, most of it full of rhymes, because I am a rhyming lover (laughs). The big danger of writing is that you never know if your messages are read in the same spirit in which they were written. I hope that readers will soon become “addicted” as I am. 

Check Marianna blog 

Where do you live? I live with my parents, brother and grandmother. My brother is a violinist and he wants to do a career outside too!

And you aren’t single. Tell us a bit about your boyfriend.I’m dating since the end of 2014. I knew him three years ago. We met at our graduation trip and since then we never lost contact. Although we are very different, we get along very well. He is the most amazing guy I know. He takes business on Mackenzie and already works.

What’s the best part of being a Cásper’s student?In Casper I know quite cool and different people too! But my strongest friendships are still those  with people I met through High School and Ballet.

One thing that almost no one knows about you.My best friends are men – this causes jealousy in my boyfriend. I was always the kind of girl who likes to walk with the boys. 

A fear: Fears? Well… Lose someone that I love and I am not very found to insects (lol).

Favorites

Film: My favorite movie is “The Notebook”! Half cliché I know… But the story is amazing and I love the actors.

Color: My favorite color is blue, but I like to wear black.

Make up: For me, the best makeup is one that is the most delicate as possible. I don’t leave my house without makeup, so I always have (at least) mascara on!

Book: One of my favorite books is “Uma vida inventada” – Maite Proença … It is like an autobiography and the history is amazing! I think everyone should read it!

Marcela Schiavon

Casper Libero

Petite, loving, determined. Marcela don't have preferences about her career because she likes all areas of Journalism. Sometimes jealous, a little bit angry, very focused. "Eu gosto dela - Projota" is a song that defines her way of living.
Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.