Wellness

Crystal Healing: Get Know The Energy Of Crystals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

In the last few years, the western world has been discovering what Asia has known for centuries: the power of crystals. They have the ability to really energize the environment. Each one with its properties, they also stimulate certain feelings and sensations in those who carries them. That also applies to accessories and decorative objects made with the stones. All of that may seem a little abstract for the majority of people, so check out the properties of these crystals as well as the best way to use them. 

Aventurine

Also known as green quartz, the aventurine is the stone of caring and health. It brings vitality to the environment and rushes the cure of any diseases that might affect the body. Because it is linked to our Heart Chakra, it also contributes to emotional balance. This stone can be used in immersion baths and accessories. At home, bathrooms are a great spot to keep it. 

Citrine

Citrines represent prosperity, that is because they help on focus and motivation. It is the perfect stone for someone who needs to take a step forward, either to start a new project or to rescue an old goal. For that reason, it is nice to have one in your work place. If you have an important meeting or a job interview, always bring a citrine with you – good things will come out of it.

Pink quartz

This is the stone of love! It cleans emotional wounds and keeps bad feelings away, such as hate, jealousy and hurt. It also emanates self-love, which makes it a nice gift option. A good tip for self-esteem is to put two stones of pink quartz and one of green quartz in a cup of water before bed and drink it as soon as you wake up. It’s magic! 

Amethyst

Often used in meditations, amethysts are associated with our Third-Eye Chakra, which means that they strengthen intuition a lot. They also have the power to transmute bad energies into good ones, helping in anxiety treatments. In case you want to slow down your mind before sleeping, just leave an amethyst on your nightstand. Be prepared, you will have a lot of dreams! Only good ones though.

Black turmaline

The black tourmaline is the stone of protection. It emits ions that improve air quality and purify the environment. More importantly, it has the power to block all negative energy. The most common is to leave the stone at the entrance of the house, but you can also use it in the form of a necklace. That way you will always be protected. 

Yes, there are many benefits. But in order for crystals to work their best, they need to be energetically clean. There are many ways of cleaning them. One of the most simple is to keep your crystals next to a selenite, a stone capable of cleaning and transmuting energy from other crystals. Another option is to burn natural incense around the stones. And my favorite: leave them sunbathing and moon bathing for 24 hours. But be aware that some crystals, such as amethysts and rose quartz, are sensitive to the sun. So the ideal is to leave them only in the moonlight.

If you are ever in doubt of which crystal to take home, choose the one that downs your attention the most, even if you don’t know its properties. It is probably what you need the most.

——————————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Laura Ferrazzano.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Casper Libero!

Gabriela Girardi

Casper Libero '22

Living, experiencing and writing
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.