Conciliating Extracurricular Activities With A Busy Lifestyle Of College And Work

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Studying is far from being an easy task. There are a lot of activities, assignments and the undesirable mid-terms. Now, imagine studying, having a job and still dedicating some time for extracurricular activities. It gets even harder in these cases, doesn’t it?

But if you really love your hobbies, your course and want to have your own money, I suppose giving up is not an option. So here is a list of tips given by girls that, just like you, also have crazy routines, and do everything without going crazy:

Relax, girl! As Bob Marley would say, every little thing is going to be all right.

Don’t be too hard on yourself 

It’s natural wanting to do the best you can if you really like what you’re doing. But if you’re not careful it can make things so much harder for you– especially when you have to conciliate a lot of activities.

Clara Zebrowski works at an insurance broker, studies psychology and is doing a program in her college that allows her to teach classes in high school. In a week, she spends about 6 hours doing this last task. “My tactic has been to care less about getting excellent grades and do not despair, because in the end everything works out if you keep calm and organized”, she says.

Enjoy your time on public transports

Lyssa Miranda studies journalism and works as an intern, she is learning Spanish and goes to the gym everyday. Enjoying her time on public transportation is a way she found to conciliate all those things.

“Everyday I take a bus from the neighborhood I work to my college. During this time, I study Spanish and read some texts for school”, she tells. When she comes back home from college she also does the tasks she couldn’t do on the bus.

It’s a good way to get ahead of yourself so you do not overload during the weekend.

Use planners

Organization is key when you have a busy schedule, and a good way to get organized is by having planners or schedule notes. Camille Carboni studies journalism and is our editor-in-chief here at Her Campus. Besides college tasks, she spends about 14 hours with Her Campus activities – sometimes, even 20.

“I have a planner and an agenda. In the planner, there are specific sections for different aspects of my life – such as college, Her Campus, health, etc. In the agenda I put everything in a more summarized way, only with the dates”.

Besides helping you to divide your tasks on different days according to their deadlines, putting all you need to do on paper helps you to relax. When you visualize your tasks, it’s easier to meet the schedule without despair. 

Don’t forget about yourself!

No matter how rush your routine is, taking care of youself is essential. So take some time for activities that relax you – wheter it is reading, working out, cooking, practing yoga or hanging out with your friends. Afterall, life is not just responsibility. It is also important to have leisure time.

That is it, girls! You are here to be happy (even with a busy schedule), don’t distract yourself. 

a heart moved by art
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.