Cásper Teams DMs #2: Janaina Kuwae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Janaina Kuwae– DM of the Handball Team

Age: 19

Major: Publicity and Propaganda

Grade: Junior

Member of the team since: 2015

What’s your strongest memory with the Team?

Cásper Camp last year had an amazing energy! Having the whole team together there was very memorable.

How close are you with your teammates?

We are VERY VERY close to each other! (laughs) We go out almost every weekend! But I think this is a natural thing since we spend a lot of time together practicing during the week and at the games during the weekends. The Handball team is a group of friends, basically.

In which way being part of the team has changed your academic experience?

Before I got in the team I wasn’t really envolved with any extracurricular activities at Cásper, I would only watch my classes and then go home. I didn’t even know all the things you could do on Campus. Everything changed on my sophomore year when I started to play handball. I’ve met so many people since then, made awesome friends, and I got to experience JUCA and others championships with the girls.

How’s JUCA’s preparation so far? Anything special?

We have our practices on Tuesdays, Fridays and on Satudays as well now we are close to JUCA. I think most of my preparation for JUCA is not physical, but emotinal. So I am Always aware of how importante is JUCA and make sure me and the team we will be able to give our best there.

Predictions for 2016?

We are always expecting to win JUCA, that’s our main goal! But It’s hard to predict it. I really want to win JUCA at least once while I am still at Cásper.

Julia Noleto

Casper Libero

Mastering in Radio, Tv and Internet at Faculdade Casper Líbero. Tennis player during the weekends. Passionate about Ideas, with a big love for concerts, Tv series marathons and photoshoots. <3
Bárbara Muniz

Casper Libero

Bárbara Muniz is a Journalism student and Theather lover. Half journalist, half artist, totally feminist. Hufflepuff placed, sagittarian and vegetarian. Cásper Líbero University's Charpter co-correspondent and editor-in-chief. Intern in a Brazilian broadcast channel called BandNews TV, where she works among production for newscast and social media.