Style > Fashion

Beyond Chalamet And Styles: 4 Men Who Are Raising The Bar On Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Fashion is a huge market, but also an important way to express yourself. More and more, men have been feeling comfortable to be creative and escape the old-fashioned suit and tie. Timothée Chalamet and Harry Styles are great examples of that, but although expressing their style in a genuine and creative way, they are not the only nor the first ones to innovate on the fashion world. 

With that in mind, here is a list of four other men that are elevating the level on fashion:  

Lil Nas X

Since his first single “Old Town Road” went viral, Monteiro Lamar Hill, famously known as Lil Nas X, has been a huge reference for the fashion world. He always proves that fashion does not have gender and, through his clothes, we can notice his personality and art inspirations.

Here Lil Nas X is wearing all Balmain looks for the Grammy Awards this year. We can see a lot of different tendencies, such as metallic, low-rise pants and clippings. 

But his fashion references don’t appear  just on red carpets. Lil also likes to put fashion in his music video. The way he dresses is totally different depending on the music style he’s been working on. 

In his first era, for Old Town Road, a country song, we can see a lot of references of a cowboy look. And now, he’s focused on showing his futuristic pop side and totally changed his outfits, but never the essence of his looks. The music video for Call Me By Your Name (Montero) shows a lot of vibrant colors on the fits and the make up. 

Lewis Hamilton 

Besides being considered one of the most successful Formula 1 pilots of all time, Lewis Hamilton has been showing a lot of potential on becoming a fashion icon. His interest in fashion can be seen not only at the Grand Prix but also at fashion weeks.

Wearing all Burburry outfits and Versace on the all jeans fit. 

Lewis has a more modern classic style but always brings some details that make the difference on not making the outfits boring. 

His amazing streetwear style on the Italian GP 2021 outfits. 

Hamilton has also been revolutionary to the athlete style over the past Grand Prix. He has been turning the Formula 1 competitions on his own runway.

Billy Porter

Known as Pray Tell on Ryan Murphy’s show Pose, the actor, singer and film-maker Billy Porter has always given the world the best outfits on red carpets. Porter and his brilliant stylist Sam Ratelle create memorable looks that take everyone’s breaths. 

He uses fashion in a brilliant way. Not just to empower the black and LGBTQIA+ community but to give importance to subjects that the society needs to discuss, like gender-fluid fashion. 

Billy Porter talking about gender boundaries on fashion during his participation on the Stephen Colbert show. 

Also, Billy is the one that styles a lot of his outfits like this Baja East blue crystal bodysuit that he wore on the 2020 Grammys. 

Not to mention that his looks are always really creative and show his personality a lot. One of the most memorable ones was the show he gave at the 2019 Met Gala when he went as “The Sun God”. 

Jaden Smith 

The actor and rapper Jaden Smith has been considered a fashion icon since he was a kid. He always wore clothes that demonstrated his personality, but nowadayshe’s very into the fashion world and has created a lot of amazing campaigns. 

Jaden Smith for Nylon Magazine 2016.

Besides, Jaden uses his style to revoke fashion boundaries, as he likes to wear dresses and skirts and sometimes is very criticized for that. His movement inspires young people to wear whatever they want. For Jaden, fashion has no boundaries.

————————

The article above was edited by Julia Queiroz.

Like this type of content? Check Her Campus Cásper Líbero’s home page for more.

Ana Lamarão Tavares

Casper Libero '25

fashion enthusiastic. I just love make up, books, music and a good cup of tea.