The Best “Festa Junina” Celebrations Happening In São Paulo This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

A Festa Junina is one of the most beloved celebrations in Brazil, and it is finally here! It is time for a lot of delicious typical foods, dances and costumes. To help you decide which one you want to go to, here is a list of the best festa junina celebrations in São Paulo this month. There are a lot of options and I doubt that you will not have fun!!

Mega Arraial at Praça da Sé

Organized by the SP City Hall, the event will count with names like Fafá de Belém and Chico César. And the best of all, it’s for free!

Cortejo | From Praça do Patriarca to Praça da Sé

12h – 14h Trio Forrózin – Mariana Aydar guests Enok Virgulino and Dió de Araújo

Main Stage

15h -16h30 Fafá de Belém and Festa do Boi Bumbá

18h -19h30 “Viva Dominguinhos”, with Mestrinho, Chico César, Anastácia and Maria Alcina

?: June, 9

?: Praça Da Sé region

?: Free

Arraial nos Trilhos

This one is a classic! The celebration counts with movies in the train wagon, tradicional “wedding” dance, plays, shows, and foods!

?: June 22: Bicho de Pé, DJ Adan Stokinger. June 29: Banda Rastapé, Quarteto São Jorge

?: Nos Trilhos: R. Visconde de Parnaíba, 1253, Mooca.

?: R$ 30

Arraiá at Paróquia Nossa Senhora da Consolação

This is one of the coolest and most traditional ones, perfect if you want to bring someone more conventional! Here you will find all of the common foods you have been waiting for the entire year.

?: Until June 30, Fridays and Saturdays: 18h-00h

Sundays: 18h-23h

?:Paróquia Nossa Senhora da Consolação: R. da Consolação, 585, Consolação.

?: Free!

Vegan Festa Junina 

It’s the sixth edition of VegNice Festa Junina and you will be able to enjoy all of the vegan foods and cosmetics. Besides that, you can adopt and rescue a pet, learn how to cook vegan food and there are also lots of plays for children.

?: All the Saturdays and Sundays of June from 12h to 21h

?: Dr. José de Queiroz Aranha, n°92 (next to Ana Rosa subway).

?: Free!

Festa Junina at Água Branca Park

Festa Junina in one of the nicest parks in the city. There will be a lot of food and fun activities for adults, but mostly for the kids!!

?: June 20 – 23

?:Parque da Água Branca – Av. Francisco Matarazzo, 455

?: Free

Festa Junina da Portuguesa

The most famous one in São Paulo, the Portuguesa stadium Festa Junina will have the presence of a lot of famous Brazilian artists, such as Marília Mendonça, Zé Neto e Cristiano, Mano Brown, CPM 22, Sorriso Maroto and a many more.

?: From June 8 to July 20

?: Estádio do Canindé: Rua Comendador Nestor Pereira, 33.

?: Tickets from R$ 30

Nicoly Bastos

Casper Libero '22

Student at Casper Líbero who loves writing and hope to help world become a better place with it❤️ Instagram: @nic_bastos
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.