Back To School: 5 TV Shows About College Life That Will Put You Back In The Academic Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

After two whole years of online classes, classes are finally back on campus. And do you know what that means? Your entire routine is back to normal (and I mean, waking up early and actually changing out of your PJs for once).

I know, coming back after all of this time can be tough, but it doesn’t have to be. With that in mind, we selected five relatable TV shows that will put you back in the academic mood:

“Gilmore Girls”
Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham in gilmore girls
Saeed Adyani/Netflix

I know, a no-brainer when thinking of academic life. However, we all can’t deny that Rory and Lorelai have taught us all that we know about school success with “Gilmore Girls”. This classic reunites us with a world that is so familiar and comfortable that you might as well imagine that you are back home (and not in a college dorm).

You can stream all the seasons and the special episodes on Netflix.

“Normal People”

Ouch, that hurts (but so does college life — been there, done that). This one is a dangerous pick, considering it can get quite emotional very fast and might make you want to call your high school sweetheart. Well, don’t do that. Friendly advice.

You can stream “Normal People” on Hulu.

“Community”

Needing some comic relief? We got you. When a man with a fake law degree decides to go to college, he meets a study group that will teach him (and us) a lot about life. Best part of the whole thing? You can see our man, Childish Gambino, acting.

All the seasons are available on Netflix.

“Grown-ish”

The spin-off of “Brown-ish” shows us Zoey’s journey through college life — and how things can change super fast. Besides Yara Shahidi fabulous acting, we can see our favorite duo Halle and Chloe Bailey (yes, as in Chloe x Halle) as actresses. You will not be disappointed.

The TV Show is available on Disney+, Hulu, and Netflix (for our fellow Brazilians).

“The Sex Lives Of College Girls”

We know you know: “The Sex Lives of College Girls” is the biggest and most talked-about TV Show among college students. Trust us on this one. In this TV Show, we get to know four unique roommates on their first semester on campus.

Did I mention that Pauline Chalamet, as in Timothée Chalamet’s sister, is one of the main characters (and the funniest one)? I know.

The first season is available on HBO Max.

Amanda Oestreich

Casper Libero '22

Journalism major, playlist enthusiast and enemies-to-lovers #1 fan Campus Correspondent @ Her Campus at Cásper Líbero