All about the Baby: Bridget Jones’ Baby Movie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

I grew up with my mom and aunt watching Bridget Jones and when I was about 13, I tried to read the book, but was not very fortunate with that. Nonetheless, on 2016, as if two movies were not enough (and indeed, they weren’t), Bridget Jones got pregnant, by who? You may ask. Bridget doesn’t know and neither do we until the end of the movie.

The plot surrounds the well-known to the public protagonist Bridget Jones, who is as she says “a 40 year old spinster” with a nice job, a good flat and terrible punchlines and comic moments. Never over Mr. Darcy, Bridget goes to a music festival with a friend and there, after several drinks and not recognizing Ed Sheeran, she sleeps with a complete stranger (played by Patrick Dempsey). A week later, in the christening party of her godson, she sleeps with a recently divorced Mark Darcy.

And well, the rest, you know, she gets pregnant and has no clue to who is the father. Eventually, Bridget opens the game to both Mark and Jack, who decide to compete with eachother over her attention and heart. Who she picks, you may also know, if you are acquainted with the movie series.

Even though, Bridget Jones’s Baby is predictable, just like every romantic comedy produced lately, Bridget is a extremelly lovable, funny and a remarkable character, whose unfortunate timing – for our greatest delight – cause huge embarassing and hilarious scenes. I am sure you will leave the cinema room with a smile on your face.

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.