7 Quick and Easy Snacks Recipes If You Have a Crazy Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Keeping up with work and school routines is not easy, and many people find it hard to eat efficiently without spending too much time in the kitchen. Here are a few suggestions for snacks that are quick, healthy and nutritious.

Trail Mix

Perfect for when you are on-the-go, this easy snack will satisfy sugary and savory cravings. Tip: buy them in bulk and make different combinations. Here are some ingredients you can try: Peanuts; Dried Cranberries; Walnuts; Almonds; Dried Coconut; Brazilian nuts; Raisins; Cashews; Hazelnuts; Dark Chocolate; Sunflower Seeds and Dried bananas. Get Creative!

Cherry Tomatoes

Just add some olive oil, salt, basil and/or oregano and voilá! If you wish, add some mozzarella. Perfect for when you have friends over at the last minute, too! Use skewers or toothpicks to avoid any mess. Also, if you have more time, try roasting them for a few minutes. Yum!

Hummus and veggies

The arabian plant-based paste is a huge success because it is delicious and super healthy. It’s a great snack and it can be perfect for parties! You can find hummus in the grocery store, but you can make it from scratch for your meal prep if you wish. Click here for a recipe. Hummus is traditionally served with pita bread, but it also tastes amazing with vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower…  Basically, anything you can dip!

Whey Protein Smooth

As easy as one, two, three. One ripe banana or a few strawberries; One scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein powder or vegan protein powder; One cup/200mL of plant milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc). Just toss everything in a blender, blend until smooth and you are good to go!

Avocado Toast

A wholesome snack for the extra hungry. First, make your avocado paste: Mash an avocado with some lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Then, toast a loaf of bread (wholegrain or sourdough taste nice in this recipe) and spread the paste on it. Store the leftover paste in the fridge for later. This is a super nutritious snack by itself, but if you happen to have some more time to spare, cook an egg the way you usually like and place it on top of your toast. BAM! You’ve got your carbs, fibers, proteins and healthy fats.

Sandwiches

Easy to take with you for lunch, dinner or an afternoon snack, sandwiches can pack a whole meal between two loaves of bread. Make sure you combine different ingredients in order to ingest more nutrients, so you won’t get tired of the old ham-and-cheese. For example, a quick and tasty combination is requeijão or cream cheese with turkey breast and shredded carrot. There are many different kinds of delicious combinations. The sky’s the limit! Get inspired.

Fruits, the natural snack

Fruit peels are nature’s packaging. Pick fruits that are easy to carry and eat on the go, such as grapes, bananas, apples, pears, plums, etc. If just the fruit seems too little for you, eat some nuts as well – this helps you feel more satisfied and energized.

I hope you enjoyed these easy snack tips! You can follow some Instagram accounts to get inspired, like @focanolanche.

Paola Sirotsky

Casper Libero '21

22 year-old studying radio, tv and internet communication at Cásper Líbero college. Talks and laughs way too loud. Addicted to funny socks and animal videos.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.