7 Quick and Easy Snacks Recipes If You Have a Crazy Routine

Keeping up with work and school routines is not easy, and many people find it hard to eat efficiently without spending too much time in the kitchen. Here are a few suggestions for snacks that are quick, healthy and nutritious.

1. 1. Trail Mix

Perfect for when you are on-the-go, this easy snack will satisfy sugary and savory cravings. Tip: buy them in bulk and make different combinations. Here are some ingredients you can try: Peanuts; Dried Cranberries; Walnuts; Almonds; Dried Coconut; Brazilian nuts; Raisins; Cashews; Hazelnuts; Dark Chocolate; Sunflower Seeds and Dried bananas. Get Creative!

2. 2. Cherry Tomatoes

Just add some olive oil, salt, basil and/or oregano and voilá! If you wish, add some mozzarella. Perfect for when you have friends over at the last minute, too! Use skewers or toothpicks to avoid any mess. Also, if you have more time, try roasting them for a few minutes. Yum!

3. 3. Hummus and veggies

The arabian plant-based paste is a huge success because it is delicious and super healthy. It’s a great snack and it can be perfect for parties! You can find hummus in the grocery store, but you can make it from scratch for your meal prep if you wish. Click here for a recipe. Hummus is traditionally served with pita bread, but it also tastes amazing with vegetables such as carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower...  Basically, anything you can dip!

4. 4. Whey Protein Smooth

As easy as one, two, three. One ripe banana or a few strawberries; One scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein powder or vegan protein powder; One cup/200mL of plant milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc). Just toss everything in a blender, blend until smooth and you are good to go!

5. 5. Avocado Toast

A wholesome snack for the extra hungry. First, make your avocado paste: Mash an avocado with some lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Then, toast a loaf of bread (wholegrain or sourdough taste nice in this recipe) and spread the paste on it. Store the leftover paste in the fridge for later. This is a super nutritious snack by itself, but if you happen to have some more time to spare, cook an egg the way you usually like and place it on top of your toast. BAM! You’ve got your carbs, fibers, proteins and healthy fats.

6. 7. Fruits, the natural snack

Fruit peels are nature’s packaging. Pick fruits that are easy to carry and eat on the go, such as grapes, bananas, apples, pears, plums, etc. If just the fruit seems too little for you, eat some nuts as well - this helps you feel more satisfied and energized.

I hope you enjoyed these easy snack tips! You can follow some Instagram accounts to get inspired, like @focanolanche.