This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

With the growing interest in healthier and more sustainable food, the vegan diet has gained more and more supporters over time. In addition to being free of animal products, vegan food can be very tasty and diverse. If you are looking for vegan recipe tips to try at home, check out these 5 vegan recipes that will blow your mind!

1. Lemon Blueberry Cake

Blueberries Heart
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

This recipe is ideal to those who like to eat a piece of cake for breakfast or who want to make a dessert that will draw compliments from everyone present. The cake turns out citric, and the blueberry delivers a unique flavor to the recipe.

Ingredients

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries

Instructions

• Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch cake pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate large bowl, beat the vegan butter and sugar together until creamy.
  • Add the applesauce, almond milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and stir until well combined.
  • Gradually, add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
  • Fold in the fresh blueberries.
  • Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  • Allow the cake to cool before slicing and serving.

2. Vegan, Mushroom cream Soup

Taking advantage of the fact that autumn has arrived and the temperatures are starting to drop, how about some delicious soup? This mushroom soup has so many aromas and its flavors will definitely teleport you to some fond childhood memories.

Ingredients

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup plant-based milk
  • Salt and black pepper to taste

Instructions

• In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
  • Add onion and garlic, sauté until onions are translucent.
  • Add mushrooms and soy sauce, cook for 5-7 minutes until mushrooms are tender and browned. Sprinkle flour over the mushrooms and stir to coat.
  • Add vegetable broth and plant-based milk, stir to combine.
  • Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
  • Cook for 10-15 minutes until the soup has thickened. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
  • Alternatively, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
  • Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot with a sprinkle of fresh herbs or croutons.

3. Vegan BBQ Tempeh Tacos:

This recipe was thought of for you who want to do something different at your vegan barbecue or for you who want to impress that non-vegan friend of yours who invited you to a barbecue. It’s so good that it’s sure to stand out with the other dishes on the table.

Ingredients

• 8 oz tempeh, crumbled
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 8 small corn tortillas
  • Sliced avocado, chopped lettuce, diced tomato, and sliced jalapeño, for serving

Instructions

• In a large bowl, mix together tempeh, BBQ sauce, vinegar, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
  • Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the tempeh mixture.
  • Cook until browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Serve in tortillas with toppings.

4. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies:

This one goes out to the cookie lovers. This is definitely the best cruelty-free cookie recipe I’ve seen in a while. Containing ingredients from our everyday life and easily accessible, this recipe is easy, practical and quick.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup vegan butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips

Instructions

• Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract.
  • In another recipient, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
  • Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.

5. Vegan Pancakes

Blueberry Pancakes
Alex Frank / Spoon

Last but not least, a recipe for breakfast fans! These pancakes are super fluffy and easy to make. As it’s quick and practical to make, it’s great for those mornings when you want to eat something different but don’t know what. You know what I mean?

Ingredients

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond, soy, or oat milk)
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

• In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes to curdle.
  • Add vegetable oil and vanilla extract to the non-dairy milk mixture and whisk to combine. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
  • Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
  • Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop batter onto the pan.
  • Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook for an additional minute or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
  • Serve hot with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or vegan butter.

If you fell for this post and want to rethink, reduce or eliminate meat consumption – which has benefits for the environment, animals and human health – how about checking out this post: Dia mundial sem carne: comece a evitar o ingrediente na rotina?

This article was written by Julia Tuma and edited by Giulia Howard.For more content like this, keep visiting Her Campus Casper Libero!

Julia Tuma de Queiroz

Casper Libero '25

Estudante de jornalismo pela Faculdade Cásper Líbero, amante da literatura clássica e de jardinagem. Além disso ando por todos os cantos e quando convêm escrevo algumas coisas por aí :)