When it comes to make a change in our look, one of the first things we think about is our hair. A new cut, a different color… but why not a not very conventional one? Red, purple, pink, blue, gray, yellow… these are some of the most popular colors when it comes to totally changing the look and daring.
However, it is important to know that a colored hair requires more care than usual, before and after painting.
Most of the formulas of these “fantasy inks” do not contain ammonia and hydrogen peroxide, which in conventional paints are used to open the hair scales and “reveal” the color. And that is the reason why fantasy colors fade faster after fixing. Depending on the technique used, you may need to touch up the color once or twice a month.
Check out some tips to keep the color and the good looking of your hair for longer:
1. Wash your hair less often to prevent water from washing away your vibrant color. If you are used to wash your hair every day, try to do it two or three times a week.
2. Hot water? Forget about it! It is no secret that hot water is not good for the hair and the scalp at all. Washing your hair with cold water helps to seal the hair cuticles, helping to keep the color.
3. Use specific products for colored hair to prevent oxidation of dyes and dye fading. In cosmetic stores there are several products for those with colored hair. Some examples are shampoos, moisturizers and conditioners.
4. Do not use generic shampoos or deep cleaning – such as anti-dandruff and anti-waste. They usually have substances that make the cuticles of the threads open and lose color.
5. Hydration once a week, please. It can be done at home with a good mask for hydration. This will for sure make you hair beautiful.