5 Tips On How To Make Your Own Successful ‘New Year’s List’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

A new year arrives and, with it, it became very common to draw up a wishlist to have healthier habits, find people you haven’t seen in a long time, do something for the first time and learn new things in the new year that’s arriving. This practice can be very healthy if we think of individual targets and not just generic activities, so it is necessary to set different goals for different people. Thinking about that, we have some tips for you about how to make your own list.

1. Don’t be scared of significant challenges

When we think of complicated goals we usually leave it aside and replace them with other simpler. However, we can’t put it out of the way and write on only easy goals just because we think we are not capable of doing bigger things. What matters is to put things to the proof.

2. Other people are also important

People can be essential to accomplish certain goals. Sometimes, when performed in a group, the challenges become easier and sooner or later there will be someone to remind you of the list and your design.

3. Think of things you never did

When we do something for the first time and live new experiences we renew our spirit of adventure and learn things we could never imagine. How about taking a yoga class? Or go camping in the woods with your friends?

4. Remember things that you like to do

Sometimes to create a tradition is also an innovation. Maintaining healthy and fun habits can be as good as a change.

5. Subjective constructions

It is important to remember that your ideas to the list do not need to be only about material objects. Many times the changes needed are inside us and have nothing to do with money or losing weight, but are actually related  to others.

Image Source: Uteni

Clara Serranoni

Casper Libero '21

Clara is a 20 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She is an avid traveler and obsessed with TV shows and music.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.